BE Newbie

Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

newbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond repute
Default BE Newbie

I’ve lurked for far too long, so I’ve decided its time to leap into the fray !

I’m originally from Surrey, now living in Connecticut because of my work (IT). I’m on an L1 visa at the moment, but am in the process of applying for a green card (which my company is very kindly handling for me).

Situated in posh part of Fairfield county, but I’m not that posh myself. I’m living relatively inexpensively in a duplex - albeit with a truly bizarre neighbour who lives alone, but carries out conversations with himself which I can hear (and am freaked out by) when I’m in the bathroom (very thin shared walls it seems) :scared: .

I’m enjoying the lifestyle that living and working over here allows me to have, although I still miss proper pubs (not something that claims to be a “pub” and turns out to be a bar), Tescos and Angels Delight!

Loving these forums – you don’t know it, but you lot have kept me sane while I’ve been here!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Newbie

Welcome!

You missed that Tornado in CT then?
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:46 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newbieloubie
I’ve lurked for far too long, so I’ve decided its time to leap into the fray !

I’m originally from Surrey, now living in Connecticut because of my work (IT). I’m on an L1 visa at the moment, but am in the process of applying for a green card (which my company is very kindly handling for me).

Situated in posh part of Fairfield county, but I’m not that posh myself. I’m living relatively inexpensively in a duplex - albeit with a truly bizarre neighbour who lives alone, but carries out conversations with himself which I can hear (and am freaked out by) when I’m in the bathroom (very thin shared walls it seems) :scared: .

I’m enjoying the lifestyle that living and working over here allows me to have, although I still miss proper pubs (not something that claims to be a “pub” and turns out to be a bar), Tescos and Angels Delight!

Loving these forums – you don’t know it, but you lot have kept me sane while I’ve been here!
Welcome

Another newbie with a good first post. BE helps a lot with the keeping sane as it's impossible to share good british humour and sarcasm with most americans
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

newbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond reputenewbieloubie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
Welcome!

You missed that Tornado in CT then?
Just about! I was actually driving back from Greenwich on the I95 when it was going on!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dan_alford
Welcome

Another newbie with a good first post. BE helps a lot with the keeping sane as it's impossible to share good british humour and sarcasm with most americans
Thank you

I am lucky that a few of my co-workers do get sarcasm (by boss for one), but you have to be careful!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya and welcome
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:52 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

"You're not from round here are you?"

Hello and Welcome to Royston Vasey.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
"You're not from round here are you?"

Hello and Welcome to Royston Vasey.
You'll never leave!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hiya and welcome
Thank you! Its lovely to be here
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:54 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newbieloubie
You'll never leave!
For a lot of us, that's scarily true
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

How long have you been here then?
What car do you drive?
How much do you earn?
Hair color? Eye color?
Tall/Short?
Are you male or female?
Any kids?
Where were you born? Conceived?

LOL....welcome to BE.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
For a lot of us, that's scarily true
I'm actually escaping to the UK for a week in mid August (for work). Can't want to go to Boots and buy the place up (as I seem to do every time I return!).
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute

and don't forget.. this is a local place for local people, we'll have no trouble here!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy_LongIsland
and don't forget.. this is a local place for local people, we'll have no trouble here!
Just love it, LOL Hello and welcome Newbie.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 7:03 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.