British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Newbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/newbie-332766/)

nethead Oct 21st 2005 1:25 pm

Hello,
I've been lurking a while and decided to be brave and introduce myself ;) Don't worry I don't have any questions about schools or healthcare, well not yet anyway.
We, that's me a Brit, my USC husband and 3 kids, moved from the UK to PA near Harrisburg almost 4 months ago. Kinda settling in but still feeling a lot out of place.
Well that's it for now, please be gentle with me...

Annette

Chorlton Oct 21st 2005 1:26 pm

Re: Newbie

Originally Posted by nethead
Hello,
I've been lurking a while and decided to be brave and introduce myself ;) Don't worry I don't have any questions about schools or healthcare, well not yet anyway.
We, that's me a Brit, my USC husband and 3 kids, moved from the UK to PA near Harrisburg almost 4 months ago. Kinda settling in but still feeling a lot out of place.

Annette

Hello, good evening and welcome :)

britvic Oct 21st 2005 1:42 pm

Hello and enjoy :)

Manc Oct 21st 2005 1:55 pm

Hello,

Annette

so you're not a plumber and your wife doesn't work at woolworths and you don't want to live in Florida cos you went to Disney with the kids and loved it?

bollocks, I feel so cheated.

welcome. :)

Tangram Oct 21st 2005 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
so you're not a plumber and your wife doesn't work at woolworths and you don't want to live in Florida cos you went to Disney with the kids and loved it?

bollocks, I feel so cheated.

welcome. :)

Who the hell would want to live in Florida.....heat, sweat, hurricanes and Jeb Bush.

No Ta Chuck !

AdobePinon Oct 21st 2005 2:54 pm

What the hell are we going to do with you? :mad: Please tell us that you are looking for a can of Heinz Baked Beans.

Tangram Oct 21st 2005 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
What the hell are we going to do with you? :mad: Please tell us that you are looking for a can of Heinz Baked Beans.

Not sure I understand your post ?

Partystar Oct 21st 2005 2:56 pm

Welcome! How old are you children?

AdobePinon Oct 21st 2005 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Tangram
Not sure I understand your post ?

Hehehehe!! :D Sorry, 'twas directed at the Newbie!

Rushman Oct 21st 2005 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
Welcome! How old are you children?

Don't turn this into one of those "Women waiting at the school gates" chats FFS. There's been FAR too much estrogen thrown around here lately what with f**king washing machine and bloody cookers. ;)

Oh yeah, welcome BTW

Partystar Oct 21st 2005 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by rushman
Don't turn this into one of those "Women waiting at the school gates" chats FFS. There's been FAR too much estrogen thrown around here lately what with f**king washing machine and bloody cookers. ;)

Oh yeah, welcome BTW

Just making polite conversation, get off my arse please, you dirrrty boy!!! PS - my boy doesn't go to school yet!!!

Rushman Oct 21st 2005 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
Just making polite conversation, get off my arse please, you dirrrty boy!!! PS - my boy doesn't go to school yet!!!

Ah ha!!!!! So you are in fact practicing those school gates mumsy chats on BE then? ;)

Sally Oct 21st 2005 3:28 pm

Hello,

Annette

Hi there from another mum. What brought you here?

ladylisa Oct 21st 2005 3:33 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum, most on here are very nice well except a couple that have been known to bite occasionally.

Partystar Oct 21st 2005 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Hello and welcome to the forum, most on here are very nice well except a couple that have been known to bite occasionally.

Hopefully you enjoy being biten every now & again!!! I know I do!!!