Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Newark NJ POE

Newark NJ POE

Old Dec 15th 2001, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

PriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to all

Flew from London Heathrow (4) to Newark NJ yesterday with my immigrant visa.

Lines at immigration were short - I chose US citizens and permanent residents. The guy stamped the visa, crossed out the CR-1 classification and wrote IR-1. I was then asked to proceed to secondary immigration.

Only had to wait maybe 5 minutes and a lady called me in to sign the application for the Greencard, she also finger printed my right index finger and made (2) impressions of it.

After that she explained how I have been admitted as a permanent resident and the stamp I have is a temporary Greencard (with all the validity of the card one) - valid for one year.

Pretty smooth really, next step is SS# on Monday.

PriZm

Old Dec 15th 2001, 5:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Why did they cross out the CR status and input IR instead? Have you been married over two years at the time of the interview? Curious what your green card says when it arrives.

Congratulations and welcome to the US.

Rita
Old Dec 15th 2001, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

PriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to all

Well I had my interview in London (Sept 17th) - before our 2nd anniversary (Which is 25th Nov).

Entered 14th Dec, so the guy changed the classification because 8 CFR 245.11 so states it should be changed if I arrive after my 2nd anniversary.

PriZm.

Old Dec 15th 2001, 7:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't know that. Thought the date of your interview was the effective date and that you had x number of days in which to enter. Just like if your interview in the states if prior to your second anniversary but the stamp is not given until after it, you are still an CR if your case were approved before the anniversary date.

Thanks for the info.

Rita