Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Newark NJ POE

Newark NJ POE

Old Sep 20th 2001, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

PriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to all

Does anyone here have any experience of using Newark International as a port of entry holding a IR-1 or CR-1 immigrant visa?

Really I just wanted to know how long it takes to get the I-551 plastic greencard after entering.

PriZm.

Old Sep 20th 2001, 2:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You won't get the plastic green card at the POE. You will only get the stamp in your passport. The card will be issued by the service center. It will take from 90 days to 12 months or more to get.

Supposedly if your stamp is about to expire and you have not received the green card in the mail you should be able to get a new stamp by visiting the local INS office where you live.

Rita
Old Sep 20th 2001, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

PriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to allPriZm is a name known to all

I realise that you don't get the plastic g/c at the POE, I should have been more specific.

I thought I read somewhere, could have been this group that getting a g/c thru a POE is faster than if an AOS was filed and approved at an INS office in the USA. Could be wrong I guess.

PrZ.

Old Sep 20th 2001, 5:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What you are referring to is the wait for the AOS interview not the actual wait for the arrival of the green card in the mail.

You did a DCF in London which was quick and easy. Someone who does the adjustment while living in the US may wait up to 2 years for the interview so they can be approved for the green card.

In both cases the wait for the green card to be physically made is the same regardless of how or where they were approved. The card that will have your single digit fingerprint, signature and photo on it will have to be sent to a service center and mailed to you when completed. It is not done at the POE. They will just forward the info on for processing.

Rita