Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New York - Housing Law Advice please

New York - Housing Law Advice please

Old Mar 20th 2015, 4:19 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York - Housing Law Advice please

Originally Posted by OCKF
From my experience Pulaski is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members of this forum and even though you may not like what you hear he is trying to save you future headache and disappointment. Wish you the very best!

Of course, it's when you find yourself agreeing with him that it's time to worry!

BE wouldn't be the same without him

Old Mar 20th 2015, 4:21 pm
Brit abroad - lawyer

nadine0895 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone here for your support and advice. Its been dealt with and is now a past issue. I feel Ive got my answer and the outcome was in my favour. Thanks again for those who urged me to seek prof advice
Old Mar 20th 2015, 4:49 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

With respect Nadine, this is a forum and you wrote asking for "Housing Law Advice" which we can't give you because we're not lawyers and even if we were, we aren't your lawyer.(?Folinsky). We can only give our opinions based on the incomplete information you choose to share and you are going to like some opinions more than others. This I have learned.....

I'm glad the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 4:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
..... I'm glad the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
Me too. Sounds like the best possible outcome, and yes, honestly, much better than I had anticipated.

Without access to a "free" attorney the outcome likely wouldn't have been as favourable, and most people, having to put their own hand in their pocket to pay for a lawyer, get screwed over by the system. All too often that is "the American way". Given a choice between paying for an attorney and risking "throwing good money after bad", and just writing it off to experience, I would usually counsel the latter.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 20th 2015 at 5:02 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 5:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly consumed.

Nothing said in the thread was breaking any forum rules or out of order...if it had been, the numerous mods around with have done something rather than ignore the ranting in the thread :/

As a happy outcome has now been reached, think it's time to nuke this thread into orbit for everyone's sanity.