British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   New Year in the Keys (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/new-year-keys-499655/)

Call me AL Dec 13th 2007 8:27 pm

New Year in the Keys

Hi Can anyone tell me if there's much going on in the Florida Keys for new years eve? Not that I want anything too wild:o a nice meal and good bar open late will do me!

Redlippie Dec 13th 2007 8:32 pm

Re: New Year in the Keys

Which Key in particular?

kingfisher241049 Dec 13th 2007 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Call me AL (Post 5665584)
Hi Can anyone tell me if there's much going on in the Florida Keys for new years eve? Not that I want anything too wild:o a nice meal and good bar open late will do me!

Key West is always buzzing, the other keys maybe not so much. How are you getting down to the Keys, are you in Florida? You will need a car as public transport does'nt exist, so you may need to drive down or rent a car once you arrive.

http://fla-keys.com/

Call me AL Dec 13th 2007 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Redlippie (Post 5665602)
Which Key in particular?

We are flexible and have no set plans.

Call me AL Dec 13th 2007 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049 (Post 5665609)
Key West is always buzzing, the other keys maybe not so much. How are you getting down to the Keys, are you in Florida? You will need a car as public transport does'nt exist, so you may need to drive down or rent a car once you arrive.

http://fla-keys.com/

Make it Key West then:). Yes we'll be driving, from Tampa to Tampa around the coast. It looks like thats where we'll be by New Year. We are there on holiday from Perth Australia (UK originally).

BritGuyTN Dec 13th 2007 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Call me AL (Post 5665654)
Make it Key West then:). Yes we'll be driving, from Tampa to Tampa around the coast. It looks like thats where we'll be by New Year. We are there on holiday from Perth Australia (UK originally).

are you gay?

the reason i ask is that key west is pretty gay - just want to make sure you are aware

it was quite funny one day when me and two mates went into a bar at lunchtime and the patrons were all dressed as though they were just out of judas priest :rofl:

i've been twice and its a really nice place to go

i would certainly go again (maybe if i go with my wife this time i won;t get hit on)

Britinsac Dec 13th 2007 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN (Post 5665794)
are you gay?

the reason i ask is that key west is pretty gay - just want to make sure you are aware

it was quite funny one day when me and two mates went into a bar at lunchtime and the patrons were all dressed as though they were just out of judas priest :rofl:

i would certainly go again (maybe if i go with my wife this time i won;t get hit on)

Get away with you. It's good for the ego.

BritGuyTN Dec 13th 2007 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Britinsac (Post 5665807)
Get away with you. It's good for the ego.

yeah, it doesn't bother me at all, especially since i live in a gay enclave of nashville

Ray Dec 13th 2007 10:59 pm

Yup ..full of Poofter, Ice cream. and Tshirts ...
Plenty of Bars and not much else .....

and really expensive ....

Britinsac Dec 14th 2007 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 5666025)

Who is full of poofter?

kingfisher241049 Dec 14th 2007 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 5666025)

Some nice state parks around their, and a car trip from Key West to Key Largo is pretty nice too. Key West has a few nice places to visit, Mel Fisher's, The Little White House, Hemingway House, etc.

Call me AL Dec 15th 2007 2:21 am

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN (Post 5665794)
are you gay?

No, not gay travelling with the wife so hopefully wont get chatted up by any guys! Had a look at the website posted above and Sloppy Joes looks like the best place, I've never seen a 'conch shell drop' before!

Ray Dec 15th 2007 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Call me AL (Post 5670492)
No, not gay travelling with the wife so hopefully wont get chatted up by any guys! Had a look at the website posted above and Sloppy Joes looks like the best place, I've never seen a 'conch shell drop' before!

You can get a ride on the Conch train .....

anotherlimey Dec 15th 2007 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 5670510)
You can get a ride on the Conch train .....

Is that what they're calling it these days?

Ray Dec 15th 2007 2:54 am

Originally Posted by anotherlimey (Post 5670595)
Is that what they're calling it these days?

So Joycee says .... she lived down there for 5 years .....