New Visa

Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:37 pm

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Visa

I had my temporary residency status removed last week. Strolled into the local Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Naturalization Services office and handed over my old card. Hadn't been in there since I moved here - don't all the staff look like flight attendants in their hilarious costumes with "Department of Homeland Security" badges stuck all over them? Anyway, it took me about 3 minutes in total. I must say I was surprized by the amount of people in there who no idea what was going on. I remember one guy kept yelling "TAX!" through the plexiglass screen. There was also some other guy who refused to have his fingerprint taken without his lawyer present - dullard.

Anyhoo - I imagine that very soon I'll get my new spanking card, and then the next step is to apply for a new citizenship visa. I'm gonna do it for practical purposes - I want to vote for one, and virtually all the work in my field is state and federal so I'm excluded right now.

Yay me.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:38 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Visa

Originally Posted by cuckoofrommars
I had my temporary residency status removed last week. Strolled into the local Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Naturalization Services office and handed over my old card. Hadn't been in there since I moved here - don't all the staff look like flight attendants in their hilarious costumes with "Department of Homeland Security" badges stuck all over them? Anyway, it took me about 3 minutes in total. I must say I was surprized by the amount of people in there who no idea what was going on. I remember one guy kept yelling "TAX!" through the plexiglass screen. There was also some other guy who refused to have his fingerprint taken without his lawyer present - dullard.

Anyhoo - I imagine that very soon I'll get my new spanking card, and then the next step is to apply for a new citizenship visa. I'm gonna do it for practical purposes - I want to vote for one, and virtually all the work in my field is state and federal so I'm excluded right now.

Yay me.
Do you have a greencard?