Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New US arrivals needing SS number - headsup.

New US arrivals needing SS number - headsup.

Old May 23rd 2018, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Phyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New US arrivals needing SS number - headsup.

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Hi, is the situation resolved for you?
I'm hearing of people still waitng from early april for ssn despite having SAVE casecheck saying it's been referred back to the ssa.
Partially, as I only had a few days to expiration I was able to get the license renewed until the date of my EAD. (That was showing in SAVE.)
Advice is to get the renewal process earlier to have enough time for manual verification. This will be in October (expires in December), so hopefully the system will be caught up.
Old May 31st 2018, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Silvergirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: New US arrivals needing SS number - headsup.

Originally Posted by Silvergirl
We arrived on E-2 visas just over two weeks ago and went to apply for the SSN yesterday (so well after 10 days after arriving), we had our I-94 and all documents, they told us it will be a 4 to 6 weeks wait ....
This is in California.
its frustrating because everything is dependent on this SSN - getting a drivers license, credit cards, etc.
To follow up, my SSN arrived today, exactly two weeks after submitting. Given the wait time previously indicated, this was a positive surprise!