New Rules

Old Jun 10th 2003, 3:30 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Rules

After this week’s episode of News Group Wars: Attack of the Ranjini. I have decided that the only way to restore order is to introduce 3 rules for posting

Rule 1. No Name calling, all this name calling has to stop, even calling people by there given or chosen name on the NG is no longer acceptable, so from now on everyone will be known by a number. As numbering people differently might make some people think they are better than others everyone will be number 1. So conversations might go “Hi 1, this is 1, don’t you think 1 is a moron!�

Rule 2. No Opinions, all this giving your opinions is the main cause of problems so instead of saying “it’s a nice day today� which is subjective and an opinion you must say “it was 80 degrees and sunny today� which is fact based and cannot be disputed.

Rule 3. Be nice to each other, instead of writing "Patrick. Your a ****ing prick. You get a kick out of annoying people, correcting people and being a doss *****. You have to argue everything, you have to be right, I bet you wont even need a ****ing lwayer when your wife divorces you because you'll be telling the judge what the score is.You dumb, bald, charmless ****." put “I tend to disagree with you on that point old chap� – of course that could be considered as an opinion which are banned under rule 2, so that’s no good!

I would ask what you think but opinions are banned under Rule 2, if you don’t like it you can’t let me know as you have to be nice and can’t call me (or anyone) a name

Old Jun 10th 2003, 3:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Rules

Well 1, I'm not sure whether it is a good idea or not, but I like it anyway, well done!
Old Jun 10th 2003, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Well 1, you dumb arse, how can I give you my thoughts when i'm not allowed to give an opinion.

God how stupid do you get.....Geeeeze...I think the whole idea sucks

regards

Old Jun 10th 2003, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like one big number 2 to me.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

And another thing, how come you survived the gun shots. Shit did I get the wrong house !!!!........you seen your neigbours today ?
Old Jun 10th 2003, 4:50 pm
Emm
BE Enthusiast

Emm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
After this week’s episode of News Group Wars: Attack of the Ranjini. I have decided that the only way to restore order is to introduce 3 rules for posting

Rule 1. No Name calling, all this name calling has to stop, even calling people by there given or chosen name on the NG is no longer acceptable, so from now on everyone will be known by a number. As numbering people differently might make some people think they are better than others everyone will be number 1. So conversations might go “Hi 1, this is 1, don’t you think 1 is a moron!�

Rule 2. No Opinions, all this giving your opinions is the main cause of problems so instead of saying “it’s a nice day today� which is subjective and an opinion you must say “it was 80 degrees and sunny today� which is fact based and cannot be disputed.

Rule 3. Be nice to each other, instead of writing "Patrick. Your a ****ing prick. You get a kick out of annoying people, correcting people and being a doss *****. You have to argue everything, you have to be right, I bet you wont even need a ****ing lwayer when your wife divorces you because you'll be telling the judge what the score is.You dumb, bald, charmless ****." put “I tend to disagree with you on that point old chap� – of course that could be considered as an opinion which are banned under rule 2, so that’s no good!

I would ask what you think but opinions are banned under Rule 2, if you don’t like it you can’t let me know as you have to be nice and can’t call me (or anyone) a name

Hi number 1, I happen to know for a fact that 1 (rule) is completely unworkable and will have to be re-thought. This is not an opinion it is definite fact, yours 1.

Rule 2 however is extremely workable although very dull, if everyone adhered to rule 2 the newsgroup would close withing a period of weeks. Again this is a fact not opinion, you may disagree with it if you like but you will need proof, as an opinion no longer counts.

Rule 3, unfortunately I am unable to tell you how truly wonderful I think you are and that the sun shines out of your perfectly sized and proportioned bottom, since it is an opinion and I am no longer able to voice those.

The sun shined today for a little while and then it rained, now it is merely wet. I made pancakes for my children for dinner and filled in lots of forms, which I cannot tell you how dull they were.

No.1
Old Jun 10th 2003, 6:45 pm
ScarlettHill

Fact: Today I didn't get my green card.

because...

Fact: Yesterday I got my green card

Fact: It's no bloody use.

because...

Fact: I will be old and grey before I get my SSN.

No opinion will be expressed here owing to obscenity laws.

Objection: Calling everyone 1 is outrageous prejudice against schizophenics.

-=-

(and 2)

Old Jun 10th 2003, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick, very sharp.
Reg. frank R.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

Right, Rule number 1 is ok in the respect of name calling - I think it is pathetic that people call each other names and very childish. However calling everyone Number 1 is pathetic too!

Rule number 2 - not being able to express your opinions is outrageous. If the swearing and name calling could be taken out of the equation then opinions are ok. Thats what everyone who visits here wants isnt it???? Advise - opinions is the same thing?

Rule number 3 is ok - being nice to people - well there isnt anything wrong with that! Swearing - well I swear at times but there is a time and place for it and it isnt here.

I am relatively new here, and have enjoyed reading peoples views etc, but i dont come here to see the "F" word and "C" word! And by the way before you say anything I am no way a prude - I can swear just as much as anyone!!!

Do you realise how childish you seem.

I wont apologise for expressing my opinion!:lecture:

Sue
Old Jun 10th 2003, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

SueIp, you tellem!
Reg. Frank R.

"No more cursing, or name calling" well sometimes. Just kidding.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

But but .... what about Pauls guidelines ?

although i gotta say i am getting a bit tired of all the arguing
good plan, maybe needs a little refining Patrick

Jan
Old Jun 10th 2003, 8:10 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick...you are obviously not getting enough pussy..please go to http://herby100.homestead.com/index.html go to pics 2 get you fill and come back a refreshed man, and thinking clearly..
Old Jun 10th 2003, 8:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SueIP
Sue, old bean, you are missing the point. Check the Am I Australian? thread, all twenty-odd pages of it, and them you'll understand where Patrick is coming from.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 10:05 pm
ScarlettHill

Poor old Patrick - no one ever seems to get where he's coming from. The poor guy makes a joke to try to make things lighten up after all the..... &^$(&^$)&$.....

He was teasing, people!

It's called humour.

It seems to be a little like a French steak at the moment - so rare it's bloody!

ngh! and ermph!

No rainforests were destroyed during the writing of this message though I am about to do serious damage to a tobacco plant.

ANNNNND.... However paranoid the reader of this message, it is not aimed at YOU!

:P

Regards
-=-
Stopyellingateachother

Old Jun 11th 2003, 2:21 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what to do. I am (obviously) sarcastic on Rob's thread and ripped to ribbons by Darren. I am subtley ironic on this thread and people don't get it!

What about

"Two priests decided to go to Hawaii on vacation. They were determined to make this a real vacation by not wearing anything that would identify them as clergy. As soon as the plane landed, they headed for a store and bought some really outrageous shorts, shirts, sandals, sunglasses, etc.

The next morning, they went to the beach, dressed in their "tourist" garb.

They were sitting on beach chairs, enjoying a drink, the sunshine and the scenery when a "drop dead gorgeous" topless blonde in a thong bikini came walking straight towards them. They couldn't help but stare. As the blonde passed them, she smiled and said
"good morning, Father, good morning, Father", nodding and addressing each of them individually, then passed on by. They were both stunned. How in the world did she know they were priests?

So the next day, they went back to the store and bought even more outrageous outfits. These were so loud you could hear them before you even saw them.

Once again the two priests in mufti settled on the beach in their
chairs to enjoy the sunshine. After a while, the same gorgeous topless blonde, wearing a string, taking her sweet time, came walking toward them.

Again she nodded at each of them, said "good morning, Father" and started to walk away. One of the priests couldn't stand it any longer and said. "Just a minute young lady." Yes?" she replied. "We are priests, and proud of it, but I have to know, how in the world did you know we are priests dressed as we are?"

"Father, it's me, Sister Angela," she replied. "

OK, how about that, anyone not see that as a joke, pure and simple. I haven't tried to be sarcastic, ironic, subtle or even tried to use wit.

Its just a joke - does anyone want to read anything else into it - maybe as a catholic I am rebelling against the church with this joke therefore hate George Bush and want all americans to burn in hell?

Maybe the joke means I don't like Nuns and thus think that all people from Wales are stupid, maybe it has something to do with topless women = reads the sun = don't like posh people = hate people with brown hair who wear green shirts on a tuesday and like BLT sandwiches. Possibly this joke has overtones relating to me having problems with IT guys from Pompey!

It seems whatever I write someone reads something completly different into it - I am a happy person who does not take life that seriously, my posts are never meant to be mean, judgemental or hurt anyones feelings so why do people read things that aren't there into them. I don't call people names (although I am sarcastic), I am a pedantic SOB though but that is because my job means I have to make 200% things that leave the office are correct and use the same logic when posting, if you lie to someone I will correct you - its a character trait - get over it and live with it.

Maybe this posting is a cry for help because I a homosexual trapped in the body of a test engineer.

Beam me up Scotty!

Patrick

PS It is very difficult to write this from a hospital bed, boy are you a lousy shot Rob, 16 bullets to the head and you missed my brain by almost 6 feet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.