Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

This new NBC soccer channel then

This new NBC soccer channel then

Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of
Default Re: This new NBC soccer channel then

Originally Posted by Bayleaf_01
My husband spent most of Saturday tweeting NBC that their live up to the minute tweet updates didn't include the score! They were reporting a goal had been scored, but not including what the score actually was.
By Sunday they started adding the score, but it still needs work. Prob because Americans put the score backwards all the time they were confused!
Hopefully it will be sorted for this weekend, I can't take another weekend of my husband shouting at his phone 'BUT WHAT IS THE SCORE"!!!
Umm - he does know there are other sites on the internet? Ones that do crazy things like tell you the latest football scores.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:20 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Southy_SWFC
I think the FA Cup and all England games are on Fox Soccer
That's easily worked around though using ITV Player / BBC iPlayer live streams with a proxy thankfully!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Southy_SWFC
Would LOVE some cricket
I maintain cricket is better on the radio, long live TMS.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

This' the first series i've listened to on the radio as i've always watched it before but it's great and very entertaining.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:38 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add, i'm very much enjoying the NBC coverage as well. However, the NBC Sports app doesn't work for me with my Verizon subscription. I have NBC Sports as part of it, but not the PGA channel. When I attempt to sign into the NBC app it informs me I don't have the right subscription to view PGA content and thus declines me. ARGH!! I don't want to watch PGA, just the football.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 21st 2013, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

OhioLiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Just to add, i'm very much enjoying the NBC coverage as well. However, the NBC Sports app doesn't work for me with my Verizon subscription. I have NBC Sports as part of it, but not the PGA channel. When I attempt to sign into the NBC app it informs me I don't have the right subscription to view PGA content and thus declines me. ARGH!! I don't want to watch PGA, just the football.

Any ideas?
No solution to offer but I saw several tweets of others with this issue--appears to be an app issue, not a credentials issue as many were able to login and stream via pc/laptop from the main site, without using the app. You might try that to confirm that your login details are correct. The app needs serious updates!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 3:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by OhioLiz
No solution to offer but I saw several tweets of others with this issue--appears to be an app issue, not a credentials issue as many were able to login and stream via pc/laptop from the main site, without using the app. You might try that to confirm that your login details are correct. The app needs serious updates!
Hi, thanks for the reply. Login details are definitely correct as the App correctly states I don't have a subscription that includes the PGA channel, and to contact Verizon to upgrade my package - no thanks.

Hopefully they'll fix this sooner rather than later.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point

With Time Warner in LA, I can't seem to get Live Extra or Extra Time channels so I miss a whole bunch of games

Can anyone with TWC confirm?
Old Aug 21st 2013, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dek
With Time Warner in LA, I can't seem to get Live Extra or Extra Time channels so I miss a whole bunch of games

Can anyone with TWC confirm?
Painful, isn't it? TWC has no agreement with NBC to carry Live Extra, the online option. They do have an agreement for Extra Time channels but this now appears to be regional option--despite the Corporate agreement not all regions are offering this. I first read that it was mainly avail in NY and Texas and that's about it. I'm in Ohio and nothing here--TWC isn't at all helpful when contacted for info.

We're in the process of switching providers--had decided to wait it out a few weeks to see how all this worked across providers. Now have a pretty good feel that TWC isn't going to offer the full works.

ETA: if you've not seen it, here is the Extra time channel finder. Enter postcode and provider to see lineup. I keep checking and waiting for TWC to add the channels.

http://www.nbcsports.com/ExtraTime

Last edited by OhioLiz; Aug 21st 2013 at 6:25 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

Painful, isn't it? TWC has no agreement with NBC to carry Live Extra, the online option. They do have an agreement for Extra Time channels but this now appears to be regional option--despite the Corporate agreement not all regions are offering this. I first read that it was mainly avail in NY and Texas and that's about it. I'm in Ohio and nothing here--TWC isn't at all helpful when contacted for info.

We're in the process of switching providers--had decided to wait it out a few weeks to see how all this worked across providers. Now have a pretty good feel that TWC isn't going to offer the full works.

ETA: if you've not seen it, here is the Extra time channel finder. Enter postcode and provider to see lineup. I keep checking and waiting for TWC to add the channels.

http://www.nbcsports.com/ExtraTime
I thought I'd have a chat session with TWC to bring this issue up. Hopefully the more people that raise it, someone might take notice.

Their customer service is SO bad ( almost as bad as AT&T ). It took around 1hr for me to get an 'analyst', then it was about 5 minutes between every question.

Bottom line - she was clueless. Telling me about the NBC Shop channel etc. I tried to explain about the extra channels for soccer. In the end she said they are planned, but there's no confirmation. Probably just to get rid of me.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dek
I thought I'd have a chat session with TWC to bring this issue up. Hopefully the more people that raise it, someone might take notice.

Their customer service is SO bad ( almost as bad as AT&T ). It took around 1hr for me to get an 'analyst', then it was about 5 minutes between every question.

Bottom line - she was clueless. Telling me about the NBC Shop channel etc. I tried to explain about the extra channels for soccer. In the end she said they are planned, but there's no confirmation. Probably just to get rid of me.
Our experience has been the same-I've rung them up more times that I can recall and been told that soccer is on Fox Soccer and do I want that (we have it), offered a service call if my cable isn't working, and most of the time I'm told nothing at all. I haven't tried chat lately so maybe will try that again. I've been watching the TWC forums and they don't seem to reply at all--same with Twitter.

We're not sure what to do. We don't like TWC service but what we have works okay. We have a treeline issue (neighbours) so satellite isn't a good option. Our other cable option is with Uverse, which a neighbour said has been problem after problem (I've seen the service trucks there often). If he said it worked then we'd not hesitate to switch.

Will continue to contact them in hopes that someday I reach someone who is remotely aware of the corporate agreement to carry these channels-
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

Our experience has been the same-I've rung them up more times that I can recall and been told that soccer is on Fox Soccer and do I want that (we have it), offered a service call if my cable isn't working, and most of the time I'm told nothing at all. I haven't tried chat lately so maybe will try that again. I've been watching the TWC forums and they don't seem to reply at all--same with Twitter.

We're not sure what to do. We don't like TWC service but what we have works okay. We have a treeline issue (neighbours) so satellite isn't a good option. Our other cable option is with Uverse, which a neighbour said has been problem after problem (I've seen the service trucks there often). If he said it worked then we'd not hesitate to switch.

Will continue to contact them in hopes that someday I reach someone who is remotely aware of the corporate agreement to carry these channels-
I will never buy anything from AT&T again and I can't have a dish on my apartment, so I'm stuck also. With AT&T Uverse, my service kept freezing and switching off, sometimes for hours at a time. I spent many long days on the phone to them, where a couple of times the agent just hung up. In the end, when I cancelled, they kept my $450. They called it a 'non refundable' deposit.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 1:22 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dek
I will never buy anything from AT&T again and I can't have a dish on my apartment, so I'm stuck also. With AT&T Uverse, my service kept freezing and switching off, sometimes for hours at a time. I spent many long days on the phone to them, where a couple of times the agent just hung up. In the end, when I cancelled, they kept my $450. They called it a 'non refundable' deposit.
I'm having a pool built and my AT&T line got hit by the bobcat (buried a whole 1/2" under the grass - miracle my lawn guy hasn't hit it previously). Called AT&T up, told them the line had been severed and yet they STILL insisted on making me reset the modem and assured me they could see my modem (I could see two separate pieces of the fiber cable so was pretty sure they couldn't see my modem!). Anyway, 1.5 hours later they agree I have a line issue (really?! funny that since I told you it had been severed).
So, they come round to install a new line and... refused to do it. Yep, refused to lay a new line. They said it will only get broken again and I need to run conduit at my expense to protect it. WTF?!

So the premiership has started and I haven't seen a single bloody game yet (and I've had no TV/internet at my house for 3 weeks!).

Sorry for the rant, that was clearly bothering me more than I'd realized!
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 4:33 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

One difference I have noticed between NBC and Fox Soccer is that Fox showed replays of the matches during the week, NBC don't seem to be doing that. Tried the search function on my DirecTV box and no replays came up.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bink
I'm having a pool built and my AT&T line got hit by the bobcat (buried a whole 1/2" under the grass - miracle my lawn guy hasn't hit it previously). Called AT&T up, told them the line had been severed and yet they STILL insisted on making me reset the modem and assured me they could see my modem (I could see two separate pieces of the fiber cable so was pretty sure they couldn't see my modem!). Anyway, 1.5 hours later they agree I have a line issue (really?! funny that since I told you it had been severed).
So, they come round to install a new line and... refused to do it. Yep, refused to lay a new line. They said it will only get broken again and I need to run conduit at my expense to protect it. WTF?!

So the premiership has started and I haven't seen a single bloody game yet (and I've had no TV/internet at my house for 3 weeks!).

Sorry for the rant, that was clearly bothering me more than I'd realized!
That doesn't seem right. I recently had my cable replaced from the cable company box at the end of my yard to the cable box on the side of my house (otherwise known as the main point of entry). The cable company are responsible for everything up to that point. Its a bit cheeky asking you to provide conduit when the main cable loop that runs around your neighborhood is not in conduit and is just buried about a foot underground.

When I lived in MA i dug up an old tree at the corner of my yard a few feet from the street and planted a new one. I then went inside, hit the recliner with a beer and looked out the window to admire my efforts. All of sudden 3 cable vans show up, a bunch of guys with what looked like metal detectors are walking up and down the edge of my yard. I popped out the back to check my yard waste and sure enough found the 2 foot section of cable covered in mud that looked like a tree root. I took the whole streets cable TV out out just before the superbowl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.