Reload this Page >

New Life about to start in USA

New Life about to start in USA

Old Apr 16th 2003, 10:27 am
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Life about to start in USA

Hi everyone,

It is just 6 weeks until we fly out to Florida to start our new life. We have been planning this for 2 years and finally the day is almost here. My husband and 2 children (aged 5 & 11) are also really excited.

I just wanted to post a message stating that if you really are determind and want something bad enough.........

We are coming over on an L1 visa, have one child starting private school and the other has been accepted at a school for the "gifted".

We chose Sarasota as our new home and look forward to living the "American way".

BTW we are opening a business selling luxury "English" hampers to corporations and on the website. So I will keep you posted when our new website is up and running.

This forum has been a great help over the last year and I just wanted to thank everyone for their postings and advice.

So here goes ----- Watch this space :-)
Old Apr 16th 2003, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Karyn is an unknown quantity at this point

We are the same just got our E2 visa moving in less than a week to Florida, it's true :

To Accomplish Great Things we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe !!
Old Apr 16th 2003, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Sarasota!! You've made a good choice of locations- we lived there for 10 years and all still work there- we've moved out to Ellenton (with retirement in mind) to get in on the ground level- they are really beginning to develop the tiny town. But we all hang out in Sarasota LOL Whereabouts will you be living.
I'm guessing the school for the gifted child is Pine View?? It's the best school IMO. And which private school?
A Brit has been emailing me for info on the Gulf coast- he's moving here on a marriage visa (g/f already lives in Miami) - after a recent visit, he's chosen Sarasota to live too.
Anyway good luck with your move and welcome aboard.
Old Apr 17th 2003, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

As an American I would like to welcome you over to our side of the pond. I lived in Florida during my childhood and loved every minuted of it. I still plan to retire there and my Aunt lives in Orlando. Glad you made it and good luck on your new life.
Old Apr 17th 2003, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to those about to move to USA. I've been here in NYC since mid 80's. Many visits to UK (Still a great place), but would never go back.

Those moving to Florida, I'm envious. Love the place go there at least once a year. Marco Island last summer. Great State really nice people, great place for kids, tho public schools not so good. Of course the coast is best, not so keen on the middle.

Enjoy the ride folks.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Itchy Feet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Life about to start in USA

Originally posted by kazzuk
Hi everyone,

It is just 6 weeks until we fly out to Florida to start our new life. We have been planning this for 2 years and finally the day is almost here. My husband and 2 children (aged 5 & 11) are also really excited.

I just wanted to post a message stating that if you really are determind and want something bad enough.........

We are coming over on an L1 visa, have one child starting private school and the other has been accepted at a school for the "gifted".

We chose Sarasota as our new home and look forward to living the "American way".

BTW we are opening a business selling luxury "English" hampers to corporations and on the website. So I will keep you posted when our new website is up and running.

This forum has been a great help over the last year and I just wanted to thank everyone for their postings and advice.

So here goes ----- Watch this space :-)
Just wanted to wish you good luck in your move! You're about to live my dream! I'm desperate to move to America, specifically Florida, but it seems to be very difficult. How did you do it?

Also, people on this forum talk about different types of visas. Being a newbie, I'm still unsure of the different types. For example what's a L1 visa. And Karyn talks about an E2 visa. What's that? Is there a section on this forum which explains the different types of visas?

Have a safe journey.

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 4:39 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

Hi

Thank you for your "good luck" wishes.

Have a look at this website www.visaamerica.com This is not the company that we used, but it gives a good description of the L1 & E2 visa's.

Good Luck
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Will u be KazzFLA from now on in here ?

Good luck & I hope u have many happy years in Florida.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 5:07 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

Thank you Doctor Scrumpy!
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to wish you all the best wtih your new life. I am sure with your positive attitude things will go well for you.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Itchy Feet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kazzuk
Hi

Thank you for your "good luck" wishes.

Have a look at this website www.visaamerica.com This is not the company that we used, but it gives a good description of the L1 & E2 visa's.

Good Luck
Thanks a lot for that link. Will check it out.

Bon voyage!
Old Apr 24th 2003, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

jimcheal is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

Originally posted by Karyn
We are the same just got our E2 visa moving in less than a week to Florida, it's true :

To Accomplish Great Things we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe !!
Hi,
We are at the moment looking a businesses. We have enquired about the E2 Visa. Did the process run smoothly?

Jim