New job in Canonsburg

Old Jun 12th 2016, 2:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New job in Canonsburg

There is a Las Vegas in New Mexico.
Old Jun 12th 2016, 2:54 am
Banned

katzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone help you with post 11
Old Jun 12th 2016, 3:00 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katzgar
Can someone help you with post 11
City-data.com is often recommended.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Jade_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boltonreddave
I would go with South Side as a single without hesitation. Do you get a trip or two to check a fee placed before you move? We arranged our lease in Jan and moved in March.
No there wont be time for me to visit beforehand, I'm looking at moving out mid August. I'm torn between putting a deposit down on something before I go out, which may be a risk. Or whether to get a hotel for a week and look whilst I'm out there, but this may work out too costly and I've only got a set relocation package. I'll have a look at apts in South Side, thank you for the advise its much appreciated
Old Jun 16th 2016, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

boltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond reputeboltonreddave has a reputation beyond repute

That's a shame that you can't get to see a place before you arrive. Good luck with the move and don't hesitate to get back in touch if you want any more help or advice.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 4:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jade_
No there wont be time for me to visit beforehand, I'm looking at moving out mid August. I'm torn between putting a deposit down on something before I go out, which may be a risk. Or whether to get a hotel for a week and look whilst I'm out there, but this may work out too costly and I've only got a set relocation package. I'll have a look at apts in South Side, thank you for the advise its much appreciated
Personally I'd book a hotel for a few days. So long as there are several choices of apartments with available units, in the area it shouldn't take more than a day or two to visit them and choose one. That is what we did when we moved over to New York in 2001.

You can usually cancel a hotel room at 24hrs notice, so if you book for a week you could move in to your apartment sooner and not stay in the hotel for the whole week.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 16th 2016 at 4:23 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 4:32 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd book a hotel for two weeks. Plenty of decent hotels in that area in the $70-$90 range, so it's really not a huge extravagance. You can get one with a fridge and kitchenette.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jade_
No there wont be time for me to visit beforehand, I'm looking at moving out mid August. I'm torn between putting a deposit down on something before I go out, which may be a risk. Or whether to get a hotel for a week and look whilst I'm out there, but this may work out too costly and I've only got a set relocation package.
That's a really quick visa turnaround. Is that the timescale the lawyers have confidently given you? You don't want to find that you're paying for one or more months for an apartment you don't need.

Our L visas were the closest thing you could get to a shoe-in, a transfer within a large multinational with a blanket waiver that did these things almost weekly using Fragomens, and it still took 4 months to get the visas (and then another month to book flights and make moving arrangements).

I'd personally leave it until you're here. You're already disadvantaged by being a newbie with no credit history. If it's a decent apartment it'll have multiple renter applicants, and someone not even in the country who hasn't viewed it would go right to the bottom of the queue.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by kodokan
That's a really quick visa turnaround. Is that the timescale the lawyers have confidently given you? ....
An L-1 with "express processing" can be issued in as little as a month.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
An L-1 with "express processing" can be issued in as little as a month.
Really? Mind you, I wouldn't have wanted to get to Arizona any earlier than the mid-October we actually arrived!
Old Jun 17th 2016, 1:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kodokan
Really? Mind you, I wouldn't have wanted to get to Arizona any earlier than the mid-October we actually arrived!
Premium processing, it's an extra odd grand to the cost.