Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NEW I-751 Filing Instructions

NEW I-751 Filing Instructions

Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation NEW I-751 Filing Instructions

USCIS Revises Filing Instructions for Petitions to Remove Conditions on Residence

WASHINGTON— U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today it has revised the filing instructions for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751). Effective immediately, all petitioners filing a Form I-751 must file with the California or Vermont Service Center, depending on the state in which they reside.

Petitioners who live in Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming must file their Forms I-751 with the California Service Center:

USCIS California Service Center
P.O. Box 10751
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075

Petitioners who live in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, and West Virginia must file their Forms I-751 with the Vermont Service Center:

USCIS Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
P.O. Box 200
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

Beginning September 24, 2008, USCIS will only accept the revised form dated August 25, 2008, and will reject previous versions of the form as well as petitions filed with the incorrect Service Center.

Please contact the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 for more information.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:05 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEW I-751 Filing Instructions

Do the other forms for AOS still go to Chicago?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 5:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Do the other forms for AOS still go to Chicago?
This is not an AOS form.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 5:26 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
This is not an AOS form.
Thanks.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

palgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nice

Does anybody have the street address of the CSC in Laguna Niguel?
I am sending the I-751 but I wanted to FedEx it....

Thank you in advance for your replies!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:26 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by palgia

P.O. Box 10751
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

palgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nicepalgia is just really nice

hi Poppy Girl, thanks for your reply, but I was looking for the street address (ie. not PO box) since couriers usually cannot deliver to a PO Box.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:54 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do you ask, it hasn't changed in years!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Why do you ask, it hasn't changed in years!
It was not listed under the I-751 instructions, thats why I asked.
After looking around, I found a street address under the instructions for the I-765, the address they post is:

California Service Center
24000 Avila Road
2nd Floor, Room 2312
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Could you confirm this is the correct address for ALL applications (in my case, I'm filing the I-751)? I ask because sometimes organizations will post different addresses depending on the form they need to process. I don't want to send an I-751 to an address that is intended to process exclusively I-765.

Thank you in advance for your help!
palgia
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

It was not listed under the I-751 instructions, thats why I asked.
After looking around, I found a street address under the instructions for the I-765, the address they post is:

California Service Center
24000 Avila Road
2nd Floor, Room 2312
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Could you confirm this is the correct address for ALL applications (in my case, I'm filing the I-751)? I ask because sometimes organizations will post different addresses depending on the form they need to process. I don't want to send an I-751 to an address that is intended to process exclusively I-765.

Thank you in advance for your help!
palgia
Hi:

That is the correct street courier address. One thing I find interesting, many people want their applications to processed quickly and bemoan even one day extra being taken in adjudication of your process. Yet, you want to take a path which will add to the processing time and costs more to boot.

To each their own.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

That is the correct street courier address. One thing I find interesting, many people want their applications to processed quickly and bemoan even one day extra being taken in adjudication of your process. Yet, you want to take a path which will add to the processing time and costs more to boot.

To each their own.

Folinskyinla,

Thank you for your answer. Could you explain the last part of your reply? Why would sending my packet by FedEx to the street address "add to the processing time"?

I was under the impression that sending everything by courier was the safest/quickest course of action. Please let me know if I am wrong

Thank you again for your reply,

palgia
Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:04 am

Post office mail is delivered straight through to the mail room & courier needs to go elsewhere, be signed for and then sent to the mail room? That's my guess. We've always had good results from USPS.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:13 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla,

Thank you for your answer. Could you explain the last part of your reply? Why would sending my packet by FedEx to the street address "add to the processing time"?

I was under the impression that sending everything by courier was the safest/quickest course of action. Please let me know if I am wrong

Thank you again for your reply,

palgia
Hi:

Those separate PO Boxes are for the purpose of using the USPS to sort the incoming applications BEFORE arrival at the Ziggurat.

When one is on deadline, UPS/FedEx is quickest and surest for receipt. Otherwise, certified mail, return receipt is just fine. Often one or two day delivery and you have confirmation of receipt.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:07 pm

Time to un-stick. Last chance to be reminded that the mailing address changed!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Just to be clear, the I-751 instructions with revision date of 08/25/08 has the correct filing addresses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.