Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New here...just moved to Scottsdale,AZ

New here...just moved to Scottsdale,AZ

Old Apr 30th 2006, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

StephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to behold
Default New here...just moved to Scottsdale,AZ

Hi,
This is my first time posting on this site....I am so happy to find a site with Brit Expats in America. Not just for me but more for my boyfriend.
This is a long story! But to cut it short I was born in Scotland and moved to America when I was 14....that ws 14 years ago...so I have my Green Card.
About 2 years ago I moved to Prague and that is where I met my English boyfriend, Mark.
He got offered a job in Scottsdale and here we are! We have never lived here before...when I moved to America 14 years ago..I was moved to Missouri.

We both feel like a fish out of water and I really feel that it is hard on Mark. He had never been to America before and now we are living here....

I was just wondering if there were any Expats in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area and if you all ever get together?

I'm sure we would both welcome conversations with fellow Expats..Especially Mark!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 4:45 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New here...just moved to Scottsdale,AZ

Originally Posted by StephC1520
Hi,
This is my first time posting on
I was just wondering if there were any Expats in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area and if you all ever get together?

I'm sure we would both welcome conversations with fellow Expats..Especially Mark!

You are luckier than most! Do a search - I think Fatbrit, Partystar and some others had a meet-up just a week or so ago.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
This is my first time posting on this site....I am so happy to find a site with Brit Expats in America. Not just for me but more for my boyfriend.
This is a long story! But to cut it short I was born in Scotland and moved to America when I was 14....that ws 14 years ago...so I have my Green Card.
About 2 years ago I moved to Prague and that is where I met my English boyfriend, Mark.
He got offered a job in Scottsdale and here we are! We have never lived here before...when I moved to America 14 years ago..I was moved to Missouri.

We both feel like a fish out of water and I really feel that it is hard on Mark. He had never been to America before and now we are living here....

Welcome... why not add yourself to the Frappr Map. Click the 'Show rest of markers' link under the map to see everyone.

There's a few regular's here who are probably not far.

Last edited by anotherlimey; Apr 30th 2006 at 4:58 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:08 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Hi and welcome! You are very lucky because there are literally hundreds of Brits living in and around Phoenix, Scottsdale, Surprise e.t.c Especially Surprise as you have the Air Force base right down the road in Glendale. Good luck, You should love it there!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:16 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Dobrý den!

We do meetups though British Expats in Phoenix but tend to gabble on here.

BTW, I also did consular filing through Praha, although this was only because Blava doesn't do immigrant visas and Wien is too stuck up to deal with such untermenschen!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:19 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Dobrý den!

We do meetups though British Expats in Phoenix but tend to gabble on here.

BTW, I also did consular filing through Praha, although this was only because Blava doesn't do immigrant visas and Wien is too stuck up to deal with such untermenschen!

You are not a septic Ãœbermensch then
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:22 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
You are not a septic Ãœbermensch then

Well..the Ãœbermensch bit is our birthright, is it not? Don't think the septicness has altered it at all yet, but as it's only 48 hours old I suppose we shall have to wait and see.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:25 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome, there's a bunch of brits around the Phoenix area.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the greatest friend I'll ever have lives in Avondale AZ ..... Is that anywhere near you ?
Old Apr 30th 2006, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Probably the greatest friend I'll ever have lives in Avondale AZ ..... Is that anywhere near you ?
No I don't!!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
This is my first time posting on this site....I
hiya and welcome
Old Apr 30th 2006, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Hi We're in Tucson, not to far away from Phoenix, welcome to AZ.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I'm in New Jersey, but welcome to BE.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Heather142 will become famous soon enoughHeather142 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by geordiegirl2
Hi We're in Tucson, not to far away from Phoenix, welcome to AZ.

We are in Tucson as well. Welcome to Arizona - there are plenty of expats living here.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

StephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to behold

WOW!!
Thanks for all the posts! I will definately check out the links provided We have only been in Scottsdale for the past 3 weeks so still checking out the area....would definately welcome some British humour at times!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.