Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New here...couple of questions

New here...couple of questions

Old Mar 17th 2001, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough

Hi, all! I'm new at this board. I'm still in London at the mo, but I've fallen madly in love with a Texan, so I'm hoping I'll be able to make it over before too long. It's a coins flip at the moment, whether I go the H1B route or the marriage route (depends on if I can finalise my current tentative job offer). Ok, the questions...
- Does anyone know how things stand with the H1B cap at the moment - i.e. number of visa's remaining/projected cut off date for this year? Basically, I'm trying to figure out if I have to tell my (hopefully) employer that Oct.1 is the soonest I can make it, or if we can go for it sooner.
- I'm visiting my fiancee as often as possible. We're both still waiting for our divorces to be finalised, so we can't get married just yet. So all I can do is visit as often as I can, for now... My question/worry is... how many times/how frequently can you use the VWP before you start arousing serious suspicion when you try to enter? I understand there's no hard and fast rule to this...but does anyone have any experiences of what happens when you visit frequently to relate? I'm trying to get an idea of how much I'm pushing my luck here....

Anyway, thanks!

-Harry