British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   New Here (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/new-here-405950/)

linnybinbag Nov 3rd 2006 7:58 pm

New Here

Hi Just introducing myself. New here and feeling home sick

anotherlimey Nov 3rd 2006 8:08 pm

Re: New Here

Originally Posted by linnybinbag

Welcome... :)

Tell us some more about yourself, there's a few others here from NY.

Elvira Nov 3rd 2006 8:10 pm

Hey Sweetie - don't you know the rules? You have to write at least 100 words to introduce yourself - otherwise you'll be ignored! :p

PS: Gosh - look at all the lovely blue boxes you have already - better do something to earn them ;)

anabella Nov 3rd 2006 8:15 pm

Welcome.. aren't you going to tell us anything about you? :confused:

snowbunny Nov 3rd 2006 8:17 pm

There are at least three folks here who live in upstate NY .... wheresabout are you? Is it cold yet? :)

Kate2112 Nov 3rd 2006 8:20 pm

Hi Linneybinbag :) Welcome to BE!

What an interesting nick you've chosen :D You've found a good place to cope with the homesickess, lots of Brits here who feel the same.

dan_alford Nov 3rd 2006 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira
Hey Sweetie - don't you know the rules? You have to write at least 100 words to introduce yourself - otherwise you'll be ignored! :p

PS: Gosh - look at all the lovely blue boxes you have already - better do something to earn them ;)

Don't worry about elvira, she will ignore you until you have 600 posts and then continue to ignore you. Unless you can get her tickets to a good opera :p

Jerseygirl Nov 3rd 2006 9:08 pm

Hello there and welcome to BE. :)

No need to be shy...tell use a little more about yourself...like a proper introduction like.

britvic Nov 3rd 2006 9:12 pm

Just keep signing on to BE it will cheer you up :) Welcome Linnybinbag.

DollyLlama Nov 3rd 2006 10:02 pm

Hello and Welcome :) This place will cheer you up :D

linnybinbag Nov 3rd 2006 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by dan_alford
Don't worry about elvira, she will ignore you until you have 600 posts and then continue to ignore you. Unless you can get her tickets to a good opera :p

Well thank you for all the hellos. I have been in the USA about 3 months now, time enough to get married and now waiting for my green card. Im from Norfolk in the UK so its a bit different here. Im now living near Albany. Anyone know of any good UK stores for squash? I have found one on line but its a bit expensive. Once again for the Hi's

Sue Nov 3rd 2006 11:10 pm

Well thank you for all the hellos. I have been in the USA about 3 months now, time enough to get married and now waiting for my green card. Im from Norfolk in the UK so its a bit different here. Im now living near Albany. Anyone know of any good UK stores for squash? I have found one on line but its a bit expensive. Once again for the Hi's

Welcome to the site.

Sue

Bob Nov 4th 2006 2:28 am

welcome to BE :)

tonrob Nov 4th 2006 12:18 pm

Welcome! I'm about an hour-an-a-half east of Albany in Western Mass. When you say squash I take it you mean orange squash etc. not the root vegetable you'd be handed if you just asked for "squash" round these parts? :D

Not noticed any, but then I was never a big squash drinker myself, at least not since they started using nasty artificial sweeteners in most brands instead of good old sugar. :mad: I do promise to keep a lookout when I go shopping in future though, and will report back if I see any!

blaze Nov 4th 2006 1:15 pm

Hi there and welcome! :)
We are a friendly group (mostly! :p ) so you will like it here.

I live in Syracuse, NY which is about 2 hrs from you but I am in Albany regularly as my in-laws live in Delmar. Where abouts are you near Albany?

P.s welcome to the homesick group too! :)