New, help please.

New, help please.

Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

hadtoregister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New, help please.

Hello all.

New to this.

I wondered if it was possible that somebody could scan in or take a digitilised picture of an I-94 form with the date stamped on it. I am about to fly but have heard so much about these forms and wondered if the date was stamped or hand written. If this is not possible could you then at least tell me what the dates are. I saw someone had from April 26 to July 25. Is this not in fact 91 days?

I just wanted to know if everybody elses works out at 91 days too. And if the dates are stamped or written.

Thankyou for your help.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:52 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you need an I-94 to be scanned in?

Are you currently in the States illegally (ie. overstayed?).

When you go to the US the airline issues the I-94 prior to arrival and it's up to the Immigration Officer at the Port of Entry as to how long he will admit you for, according to your visa.

When you leave the US the airline should take the I-94 from your passport.

The only reason you might not have it is if it wasn't stapled in to your passport and it's fallen out and lost. However, the Immigration Officer would have swiped the bar code on your visa on his/her computer anyway so it's immediately apparent if you are an overstayer or not.

I wouldn't risk 'forging' false dates or you could get into big trouble.

I imagine that the 91 days that someone else had on their I-94 was either an oversight or perhaps that someone was crossing the international date line (eg. Guam or embarked/departed Hawaii???).
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:58 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was stamped at the POE.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks for answering. I can assure you I am not trying to do anything at all illegal. I live in the UK and just wondered as there seems to be lots of confusion where these things are concerned. I too once had my visa/I-94 stamped for 91 days and was curious as to if this always happened as it seems odd that someone else on here had had it too. I thought maybe they did not count the day you arrive as a day hence the 91 days.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by Englishmum
Why would you need an I-94 to be scanned in?

Are you currently in the States illegally (ie. overstayed?).

When you go to the US the airline issues the I-94 prior to arrival and it's up to the Immigration Officer at the Port of Entry as to how long he will admit you for, according to your visa.

When you leave the US the airline should take the I-94 from your passport.

The only reason you might not have it is if it wasn't stapled in to your passport and it's fallen out and lost. However, the Immigration Officer would have swiped the bar code on your visa on his/her computer anyway so it's immediately apparent if you are an overstayer or not.

I wouldn't risk 'forging' false dates or you could get into big trouble.

I imagine that the 91 days that someone else had on their I-94 was either an oversight or perhaps that someone was crossing the international date line (eg. Guam or embarked/departed Hawaii???).
Old Jan 14th 2004, 12:13 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

It is just a very odd question

Last edited by manc1976; Jan 14th 2004 at 12:28 am.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:04 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Englishmum ..... I imagine that the 91 days that someone else had on their I-94 was either an oversight or ....
.... the 90 days maybe a legal nicity, and in practice is approximated every month by "arrival date + 3 months less a day", which is easy for the immigration staff to remember but this would lead to 90 days for people who arrived in any February not in a leap year and 91 or 92 days for all other months.

From my time arriving on an I94 I can't recall what I used to get?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 1:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much for your answer as that clears up everything for me.

I apologise to all if it sounded an odd question but I did not know how to word it and it did obviously come across as weird. I was just confused by the 91 days and wondered if it was in fact that all the time but now I understand. It makes perfect sense actually.

Anyway thanks to all who answered.

Originally posted by Pulaski
.... the 90 days maybe a legal nicity, and in practice is approximated every month by "arrival date + 3 months less a day", which is easy for the immigration staff to remember but this would lead to 90 days for people who arrived in any February not in a leap year and 91 or 92 days for all other months.

From my time arriving on an I94 I can't recall what I used to get?