Reload this Page >

New to forum

New to forum

Old Jan 20th 2016, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Simanda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to forum

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi there and a warm welcome to the wonderful world of BE.

Pop on over to the USA forum . For help about understand USA visas see the Immy forum

Edit....Rats. Is there an echo in here. lol . I see Polly has beaten me to it.
What a great forum thank you
Old Jan 20th 2016, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simanda
Vegas is not for everybody lol
Vegas is for everybody!!

That's its problem!

And yes been there, Mrs DJ and I met there, the first thing we did was to get the eff out of town!!

If your idea of fun is drunk Brits/Irish/Scots in various football shirts making complete twats of themselves and/or fat Muricans fighting over the $10 buffet then you are welcome to it.

Edit, I did enjoy the Cirque shows

Last edited by dj6372; Jan 20th 2016 at 5:48 pm. Reason: addition
Old Jan 20th 2016, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Vegas is not for everybody lol
What happens there can stay there.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Yes, definitely a welcome to BE!

There's quite a horde of us here willing to help with advice and experience, and we came here by a variety of routes and for different reasons. We're also scattered across the US, so we can advise on many areas and cities.
That's great thank you.
We would like to live somewhere warm hence Florida then over to California via Las Vegas.
This forum is full of info which is great.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dj6372
Vegas is for everybody!!

That's its problem!

And yes been there, Mrs DJ and I met there, the first thing we did was to get the eff out of town!!

If your idea of fun is drunk Brits/Irish/Scots in various football shirts making complete twats of themselves and/or fat Muricans fighting over the $10 buffet then you are welcome to it.

Edit, I did enjoy the Cirque shows
We haven't seen that many drunk Brits but we have seen some great shows here.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 7:02 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Try asking in this forum for great advice on moving to, and working in the US.

US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas - British Expats
Old Jan 21st 2016, 8:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

That's great thank you.
We would like to live somewhere warm hence Florida then over to California via Las Vegas.
This forum is full of info which is great.
OK, so if you can give people more info (as above, your education, jobs, skills etc), then they can let you know what visa you might be eligible for, if any. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this forum, if you can give a bit of info then you'll get great info in return.

Best of luck.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 8:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask which you'd recommend? We're going to Vegas in April, we thought it was a dump when we visited 10 years ago but we're now going with children and feel we ought to just spend one night there during our road trip to show them it! So we might do a show, if any that you'd recommend would be suitable for a family, let me know. Failing that, we'll just enjoy the drive through the desert, look at the lights, the fountains and then get the hell out of there for the Grand Canyon.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Can I ask which you'd recommend? We're going to Vegas in April, we thought it was a dump when we visited 10 years ago but we're now going with children and feel we ought to just spend one night there during our road trip to show them it! So we might do a show, if any that you'd recommend would be suitable for a family, let me know. Failing that, we'll just enjoy the drive through the desert, look at the lights, the fountains and then get the hell out of there for the Grand Canyon.
Don't miss the Hoover Dam.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 11:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Owen778
Don't miss the Hoover Dam.
We won't, that's on our route. We've done a similar trip before, but it was 10 years ago and I was pregnant with our daughter and throwing up constantly, so I barely made it out of the car to look at anything! So it'll be nice to do it and actually enjoy it this time.

Thank you and apologies to the OP for a bit of thread drift.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 11:43 am
Just Joined

TheBsKnees is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to put my two cents in here and say I hated Vegas, but I agree Hoover Dam is a must with kids, also if you can score tickets which is generally easy, any magic show my kids always loved. They got a kick out of disappearing planes. Recreating Copperfield is a big thing in Vegas. Enjoy your trip!
Old Jan 21st 2016, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

We won't, that's on our route. We've done a similar trip before, but it was 10 years ago and I was pregnant with our daughter and throwing up constantly, so I barely made it out of the car to look at anything! So it'll be nice to do it and actually enjoy it this time.

Thank you and apologies to the OP for a bit of thread drift.
Yeah I never classed Hoover Dam/Lake Mead as Vegas

Spent way too much time there, but I loved all the Cirque Du Soleil shows

Grand Canyon, Dam etc are a must as is the Skywalk

You can always visit the ahem 'real' Eiffel Tower as I was once informed

Stay a couple of nights max, see it for what it is and hit the road lol
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Try asking in this forum for great advice on moving to, and working in the US.

US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas - British Expats
Once again great information. Got to say this forum is perfect for our needs.
Thank you to all!
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry about deleting my comments. The information has been sent by pm as well.
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Once again great information. Got to say this forum is perfect for our needs.
Thank you to all!
No problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.