Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The new Doctor Who

The new Doctor Who

Old Mar 20th 2004, 7:49 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default The new Doctor Who

Chris Eccleston is the new Dr Who.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3552087.stm
Faaaaanfúckingtastic !
I would crawl over glass to see this guy act. Nice one Beeb. Top.
I do hope that they will give the show a decent budget.
The only pisser now is that I'll never see this over here.

Last edited by Webbie; Mar 23rd 2004 at 4:32 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2004, 8:35 pm
mickj

Default Re: The new Doctor Who

They must think he is that good, and can portray the character very well. I must admit he was half decent in Cracker with robbie coltrane, and in Clocking off.

Now he will be paid £500,000 to become the eccentric Time Lord, that is nice a nice little sum right there
Here is a more nicer picture of him, just in case the ladies and the boys of course are interested
Attached Thumbnails The new Doctor Who-000e1c71-f3dc-105b-b81d80c328ec0000.jpg  

Old Mar 21st 2004, 12:33 pm
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all
Default Re: The new Doctor Who

Originally posted by mickj
They must think he is that good, and can portray the character very well. I must admit he was half decent in Cracker with robbie coltrane, and in Clocking off.

Now he will be paid £500,000 to become the eccentric Time Lord, that is nice a nice little sum right there
Here is a more nicer picture of him, just in case the ladies and the boys of course are interested
Not that unlike Patrick Troughton either is he?
Old Mar 21st 2004, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

dazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond repute

I think he'll do a decent job, but I SO wanted to see Eddie Izzard get the part!
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:37 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Did anyone else follow 'Our Friends From the North'? Fantastic series! He was excellent in it.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 11:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

He was in a film called 'Strumpet' directed by Danny Boyle.
At the end of the film there is a scene with them atop a chimney with the words RAGE down the side.
Well I was also atop the chimney as HSE needed 1 competant person on the chimney per actor.
The chimney was Wigan College, and I can state here and now that Chris Eccleston is a great bloke, but he didn't half kack his pants for the entire time he was up there.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by RoB1833
Did anyone else follow 'Our Friends From the North'? Fantastic series! He was excellent in it.
Yep, that was a great series. I was more than happy to hand over my licence fee that year!

Have to admit, it would have been my entry in the Lounge's "films that made you cry like a girl" thread, 'cept it wasn't a film as such! I guess that as I'm from oop north, and at the time myself and my group of friends from uni had just headed off on our separate ways in life, it struck a bit of a chord. <sniff!>

Was it ever released on dvd? I'm off to have a look!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Scorchio
Was it ever released on dvd? I'm off to have a look!
Oh cool.. on amazon for 40ish quid!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:50 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

I first saw him in Shallow Grave with Ewan McGregor. Eeerily psychopathic He is very versatile but particularly good at the understated mysterious man. Remember him in "The Others" and "Elizabeth", he rocked in the latter.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

He was ACE in "Second Coming", very good choice
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 3:58 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

he was a mean bastard in the remake of gone in 60 secs!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

He was brilliant in the Second Coming - he was also fantastic in "Jude" - with Kate Winslet, the adaptation of Thomas Hardy's Jude the Obscure - most depressing film I have watched ever.

He was in 28 Days Later as well but I still haven't been able to watch that - too similar to zombies for me to give it a go.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

28 days later.. .forgot that was him.

Best Horror I've seen in a very long time. Scary as hell. Would recommend it to anyone as a good film in general and a very good horror.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 1:42 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

He was excellent in 28 Days Later . His character is a total nutcase, but you believe that he thinks what he's doing is right. He should make a good Doctor, just as long as the scripts are good as well.
Old May 24th 2004, 6:34 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Ah sh ite:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3743753.stm
"Former pop singer Billie Piper is to play Doctor Who's new sidekick when the cult BBC sci-fi show returns next year.
Piper will star alongside Christopher Eccleston as Rose Tyler in the drama."

Bonnie Langford not available then ?

I thought they were taking this seriously but now it's back to being a joke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.