British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   new delta flight JFK-LGW (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/new-delta-flight-jfk-lgw-405356/)

silvermine Oct 31st 2006 7:39 pm

new delta flight JFK-LGW

if anyone's interested...

new Delta flight non-stop from JFK to LGW starts on nov 15th. a quick check showed a fare of $442 return...

they are running 767's on the route.

Manc Oct 31st 2006 8:18 pm

Re: new delta flight JFK-LGW

Flyglobespan are introducing a new New York - Liverpool service soon to complement their US-Glasgow operations,

this will be the first scheduled service between Liverpool and the USA since the titanic sunk I think.

Maz Oct 31st 2006 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by silvermine
if anyone's interested...

new Delta flight non-stop from JFK to LGW starts on nov 15th. a quick check showed a fare of $442 return...

they are running 767's on the route.

That's not bad at all! I'm still (im)patiently waiting for there to be a direct flight between O'Hare and either Gatwick or Stansted.

Manc Oct 31st 2006 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
That's not bad at all! I'm still (im)patiently waiting for there to be a direct flight between O'Hare and either Gatwick or Stansted.

won't happen.

gsnichol Oct 31st 2006 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Maz

Not as long as I've wanted a direct flight from Newcastle to the US. I think Newcastle is the only major UK regional airport not to have a service to the US (Orlando doesn't count...). AA threatened to start one in May this year, then pulled out.

Manc Oct 31st 2006 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by gsnichol
I think Newcastle is the only major UK regional airport not to have a service to the US

East Mids
Cardiff
Liverpool (but will, but for how long.....)
Leeds / Bradford

Lord Lionheart Oct 31st 2006 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
Flyglobespan are introducing a new New York - Liverpool service soon to complement their US-Glasgow operations,

this will be the first scheduled service between Liverpool and the USA since the titanic sunk I think.

Hope they have air hostess' built like brick shithouses to control the travellers between those two cities, and the plane will be stripped empty by the time it goes between those destinations.

Bob Oct 31st 2006 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart
...and the plane will be stripped empty by the time it goes between those destinations.

and that'll just be the flight crew :D

Manc Oct 31st 2006 8:50 pm

Hope they have air hostess' built like brick shithouses to control the travellers between those two cities, and the plane will be stripped empty by the time it goes between those destinations.

can you imagine the amount of cheap tracksuits they can buy in the USA?

Lord Lionheart Oct 31st 2006 8:53 pm

Just think of the robberies planned when a Puerto Rican is sat next to a Scouser for a 6 hour flight!! .................There's so much material here I could go on forever :D

Maz Oct 31st 2006 8:57 pm

won't happen.

I know. :( :( :(

gsnichol Oct 31st 2006 9:49 pm

East Mids
Cardiff
Liverpool (but will, but for how long.....)
Leeds / Bradford

At the risk of my poor geography being highlighted..

East Mids - close to Birmingham?
Cardiff - close to Bristol?
Liverpool - close to Manchester?

Newcastle - nearest airport with scheduled USA service is Edinburgh I believe... I remember looking at a Continental route map and they serve most corners of the British Isles bar north-east England.

silvermine Oct 31st 2006 11:51 pm

Just think of the robberies planned when a Puerto Rican is sat next to a Scouser for a 6 hour flight!! .................There's so much material here I could go on forever :D

hahahaha, roflmao..:D

silvermine Oct 31st 2006 11:52 pm

that is just cruel..:D

Russ&Jayne Nov 1st 2006 1:06 pm

So what is Delta like as an airline? As shit as all the others? I fly US Air Envoy PHL-LGW cos I prefer Gatwick, but would be interested in this route if the airline is better. PHL is a nightmare.