Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New "Creature Comforts" series on CBS starts June 4th

New "Creature Comforts" series on CBS starts June 4th

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:31 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default New "Creature Comforts" series on CBS starts June 4th

I'm a huge fan of the British "Creature Comforts" show and just found out that there's going to be a US-version of it premiering on CBS tomorrow night! As I think this medium is pretty much universal, I think (or hope, anyway) that it will be as funny as the British version.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/creature_comforts/

(For some reason I can't seem to get the preview thingie to work, but I checked it out on YouTube and it looks good to me! )

~ Jenney
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:02 pm
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New "Creature Comforts" series on CBS starts June 4th

The original version was on TV here. I loved it.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:04 pm
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute

I can't open that link now as I am listening to the Johnathan Ross Saturday show (from yesterday)
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it the same show that's just been re-dubbed?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:10 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Isn't it the same show that's just been re-dubbed?
Might be... there was a horse talking about getting implants, for the shock value. Should be pretty funny anyway!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I'm a huge fan of the British "Creature Comforts" show and just found out that there's going to be a US-version of it premiering on CBS tomorrow night! As I think this medium is pretty much universal, I think (or hope, anyway) that it will be as funny as the British version.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/creature_comforts/

(For some reason I can't seem to get the preview thingie to work, but I checked it out on YouTube and it looks good to me! )

~ Jenney
I just watched the beginning of it......just isn't the same as the Brit version,I thought that was great!,it just doesn't seem right with the American accents!..........Sophia
Old Jun 5th 2007, 3:25 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Dammit! Only caught the last 90 seconds or so... next week!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:50 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

I liked it a lot, although it was just a bit strange because I had only seen it done with British accents before that. Sort of like how my colleagues all like the American version of "The Office" more than the British version -- that's what they grew to love first, so anything else doesn't quite match up.

I loved the bee couple on the flower, and the bird couple in the birdcage. Very funny!

~ Jenney
Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I liked it a lot, although it was just a bit strange because I had only seen it done with British accents before that. Sort of like how my colleagues all like the American version of "The Office" more than the British version -- that's what they grew to love first, so anything else doesn't quite match up.

I loved the bee couple on the flower, and the bird couple in the birdcage. Very funny!

~ Jenney
I liked the girl ape doing the " He loves me, he loves me not...." and how to make it come out to "He loves me"......cut the last nit in half before you eat it
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:01 am
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

Taped it, and finally watched it earlier on. Loved hearing the different accents and the septic take on things.