British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   New consoles (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/new-consoles-407541/)

BritGuyTN Nov 11th 2006 7:05 pm

New consoles

The last console I got was the PS2 aons ago.

I was very skeptical of the xbox 360 and how much better it was than my pc in terms of real world ability and games playability and graphics, so i left that one on the shelf (rightly with hindsight)

I am probably gonna give the ps3 a miss unless i just buy it to be a blu ray player.

The new Nintendo wee thing however does seem to have something genuinely different to offer with the controller options...

Anyone thinking about getting the PS3 or Wee for themselves or kids for chrimbo?

Sally Nov 11th 2006 7:10 pm

Re: New consoles

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN

I was very skeptical of the xbox 360 and how much better it was than my pc in terms of real world ability and games playability and graphics, so i left that one on the shelf (rightly with hindsight)

I am probably gonna give the ps3 a miss unless i just buy it to be a blu ray player.

The new Nintendo wee thing however does seem to have something genuinely different to offer with the controller options...

Anyone thinking about getting the PS3 or Wee for themselves or kids for chrimbo?

Def PS3. Can't wait.

BigDavyG Nov 11th 2006 7:11 pm

Was thinking of getting a psp so I could play footie manager on the train but not sure if its available over here (the game that is).

Rushman Nov 11th 2006 8:01 pm

PS2...PS3 Xbox....Nintendo??????????? How old are you lot FFS? :rolleyes:

GROW UP!!!

BritGuyTN Nov 12th 2006 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Rushman
PS2...PS3 Xbox....Nintendo??????????? How old are you lot FFS? :rolleyes:

GROW UP!!!

you miserable sod!

I personally haven't used my PS2 for about three years, but the new ones coming out could be interesting and there has been a hellava lot of hype in the media

maybe if you had some escapist fun you would be less grumpy! :D

P.S. How old are you? Pensionable age? :p

Rushman Nov 12th 2006 12:23 am

you miserable sod!

I personally haven't used my PS2 for about three years, but the new ones coming out could be interesting and there has been a hellava lot of hype in the media

maybe if you had some escapist fun you would be less grumpy! :D

P.S. How old are you? Pensionable age? :p

If you've got pubic hair you shouldnt need to be within a square mile of a games conole......thats are what girls are for..you poof.

Kate2112 Nov 12th 2006 12:46 am

If you've got pubic hair you shouldnt need to be within a square mile of a games conole......thats are what girls are for..you poof.

Anyone with a 1 Grade C CSE probably gets much the same speech :D

BritGuyTN Nov 12th 2006 1:21 am

:D sometimes they're a useful distraction when the aforementioned provider of poontang is occupied watching sex in the city or some other female targeted trollop.

snorkmaiden Nov 12th 2006 2:39 am

We are getting the Wii. Well, I am going to try and get a Wii for the kids for Christmas at least. I'm not fancying camping out to get one, but I will if I have to :D

The name alone has been giving our kids a really good laugh for months, there is no end of fun you can have with this particular console name if you are eight. :D

I love Nintendo, our gamecube has taken a real beating from the kids and it's still going strong. They play it much more than the Xbox or the PS2 and yet it's never let us down.

USBound Nov 12th 2006 5:23 am

having worked on 360 & Ps3 for years now I think I'll be giving ps3 a miss, loving my 360 and getting a Wii sometime next year.

Rushman... consoles also offer distraction when the reds are at home

BritGuyTN Nov 12th 2006 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by USBound
Rushman... consoles also offer distraction when the reds are at home

LOL, i.e. if you don't fancy surfing the crimson tide....

peterbainham Nov 12th 2006 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by USBound
... consoles also offer distraction when the reds are at home

I find that only makes matters worse.

BritGuyTN Nov 12th 2006 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by peterbainham
I find that only makes matters worse.

Put a towel down....

Rushman Nov 12th 2006 7:44 pm

I cant believe there are so many (reputed) grown men around here that admit in public to buying and poncing around with Nintendo, PS2, gamecubes ETC

"What did you do last night?"
"Oh I put a high lift cam in the car, test drove it to 150 mph and then went home and gave the missus a bloody good seeing to on the living room floor and then had a 12 pack and went to bed....what did you do?"
"Oh I got to level 3 of Donkey Kong"

FFS :rolleyes: Bloody fairies

Bob Nov 12th 2006 7:46 pm

It sucks that we don't do consoles, so don't get any dev boxes in to play with....a mate spent the best part of a day waiting to sign up for a PS3 and a Wii, and I know someone else do that with the xbox 360.

Wii should be cool, lot of potential for cool games, and seems that there are developers out there going cool ideas for it, but how many of there consoles had potential but bombed? exactly....so be holding out....though there are some good deals if you pre-order and get mondo sets...