Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New British comedy & documentaries?????

New British comedy & documentaries?????

Old Jan 7th 2007, 5:15 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New British comedy & documentaries?????

Originally Posted by Bob

If your into cooking, The Way We Cooked was kind of interesting...
Was this on UKNova?
Old Jan 7th 2007, 6:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
Was this on UKNova?
yeah, uk nova...it was on just before x-mas, so it might still be around...i've only got the one episode though, with gary rhodes and jamie oliver.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:25 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
yeah, uk nova...it was on just before x-mas, so it might still be around...i've only got the one episode though, with gary rhodes and jamie oliver.
Sounds interesting, did a quick search but couldn't find it, will have to keep my eyes open for it, thanks Bob.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:28 pm
Essex boy in Texas

Thackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really niceThackattack is just really nice

Have you seen Peep Show? Thats really funny.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

britoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to all

What is it with BBC America that they seem to show nothing but reruns of Benny Hill and Whose Line is it Anyway? with a daytime serving of Changing Rooms and Cash in the Attic? Does anyone actually enjoy their programming? I watch it occasionally when I'm feeling homesick but mostly it just frustrates me that they don't show any of the great shows on British TV right now.

What's the TVNova that you're all talking about? How does it work and will it give me the opportunity to watch something new?
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britoutofwater
What is it with BBC America that they seem to show nothing but reruns of Benny Hill and Whose Line is it Anyway? with a daytime serving of Changing Rooms and Cash in the Attic? Does anyone actually enjoy their programming? I watch it occasionally when I'm feeling homesick but mostly it just frustrates me that they don't show any of the great shows on British TV right now.

What's the TVNova that you're all talking about? How does it work and will it give me the opportunity to watch something new?
Aye, people moan about it, but the mystery mondays tend to be half decent.

As for UKNova, it's a torrent website where you can download shows and watch them on your computer or dvd player, there's plenty of threads on that already.

Welcome to the site btw, and introduce yourself in the meet and greet section
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thackattack
Have you seen Peep Show? Thats really funny.
Peep Show is ace! What a pair of odd balls!!!
We watched them all in the UK and are now enjoying it second time round over here. Mark cracks me up :scared:
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kgb
The Catherine Tate show is excellent - there's three series out there to catch up on.

"The dirty, robbing b*stards" (watch it and see...)
......"run children........we're all going to die........"

BLACK BOOKS (work of fu(kin genius.......)
Attached Thumbnails New British comedy & documentaries?????-blackbooks.jpg  
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:55 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Having been away from the UK for 20 years I'm out of touch on good shows . I 've asked in the UK Nova thread but got little to no response.
I've been downloading some UK TV and started out well but some of the stuff has been shite.
Last night I downloaded Attention Scum which was complete crap with the Dennis Pennis guy jumping around shouting out silly quotes and trying to be too clever.
So what's good as far as comedy, documentaries and reality TV

Just to give you an idea of my taste I like Vicar of Dibley and Little Britain Christmas Specials, Skint, The Apprentice UK, Springwatch, Worst Christmas of my Life.

Any ideas?

The best show (in my opinion) to have come out for years is Shameless, set on a Manchester council estate it is funny, heartwarming, sad and well done all round. Sometime you laugh and other times you wanna cry. You can find episodes of it on you tube.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Spoons...I thought that was great, there's a few clips on you tube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PwVJM5o248

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG8jfWAfC-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ush_Md-VIEg

and a whole bunch more..
Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:52 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have any comments on the series Lead Balloon? UK Nova also has a large Morcambe & Wise shows download, at over 5 Gb probably good for serious M & W fans.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Anyone have any comments on the series Lead Balloon?
from me, mentioned it upthread. I've never seen "Curb Your Enthusiasm" but apparently it owes more than a nod to that. I found the Jack Dee stuff pretty funny, and even the minor characters like the daughter's boyfriend and the ?Russian cleaner had some great scenes.

Take the plunge!