New Arrival

Old Apr 19th 2006, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

KarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really nice
Question New Arrival

Hi Guys, I've just discovered your forum and it looks to have lots of helpful info.
I arrived in the US a couple of months ago and have been job hunting ever since. I've had some interest, but when I ask about sponsorship for a work visa they lose interest.
Just wondering if anyone has any tips of where to look or any contacts etc?

All help much appreciated!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 1:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Arrival

Welcome to the forum

And you say your in the US, on what visa? if your here through marriage, then you don't need work sponsorship, if your here through H1B -H4, you either are working or a spouse that can't work, or your on an L1A/B -L2, in which case your either working or a spouse that is allowed to work, but you'll have to get an EAD first...employment authorisation document, which doesn't need company sponsorship...
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

KarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really niceKarinaJayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
Welcome to the forum

And you say your in the US, on what visa? if your here through marriage, then you don't need work sponsorship, if your here through H1B -H4, you either are working or a spouse that can't work, or your on an L1A/B -L2, in which case your either working or a spouse that is allowed to work, but you'll have to get an EAD first...employment authorisation document, which doesn't need company sponsorship...

Hi Bob, thanks for the speedy response! I'm here on a B-2 visa to start with cos I've only been out of uni a year and figured I'd stand more chance of finding something if I was over here seeing as I don't have that much experience. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on where to look for jobs, or any companies who are willing to do the sponsorship thing?
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:02 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KarinaJayne
Hi Bob, thanks for the speedy response! I'm here on a B-2 visa to start with cos I've only been out of uni a year and figured I'd stand more chance of finding something if I was over here seeing as I don't have that much experience. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on where to look for jobs, or any companies who are willing to do the sponsorship thing?

Well...top marks for effort! Might help if we knew where your career interests where. Are you British? If so, how the hell did you get a B2?
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:04 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

What is your degree in?

...oh who am I kidding? Your chance of a work visa is nil. Nothin'. Zilch.

Read the visa FAQ on this site and see if you fit any of the categories that could make you elligable for a "work visa".

If you can find an employer to sponsor you for an H1-B visa because of your technical skill in whatever it is you do, you'll be waiting until October of this year to get a visa if they haven't gone already.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:07 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Your chance of a work visa is nil. Nothin'. Zilch.
Pretty well. But if you can knock a few doors down, there's a very slim hope. If she were t'other side of the Pond, I'd be saying forget it.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:14 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Hi Guys, I've just discovered your forum and it looks to have lots of helpful info.
I arrived in the US a couple of months ago and have been job hunting ever since. I've had some interest, but when I ask about sponsorship for a work visa they lose interest.
Just wondering if anyone has any tips of where to look or any contacts etc?

All help much appreciated!
Hello, Have you posted a picture of yourself in the gallery yet? Do you have a partner? Is it a serious relationship? Ever considered swapping? How old are you (not that it matters).
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Hello, Have you posted a picture of yourself in the gallery yet? Do you have a partner? Is it a serious relationship? Ever considered swapping? How old are you (not that it matters).
FFS, don't mind him, he was let loose from the Lounge on good behaviour........sad mistake.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:25 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
FFS, don't mind him, he was let loose from the Lounge on good behaviour........sad mistake.

Told 'em they should only use Duracell in the shock collar.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:27 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Ignore her, you will eventually but to do so now will save you time. She's just mad at me because i won't give her one (between you and me she's a bit of a bunny burner) a woman scorned and all that.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore her, you will eventually but to do so now will save you time. She's just mad at me because i won't give her one (between you and me she's a bit of a bunny burner) a woman scorned and all that.

FFS, get a room you two!!!!

Release all that sexual tension..... !!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
FFS, get a room you two!!!!
She's already got one...in Broadmoor.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Nevermind the Tailgating forum, this will go straight to TIO.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:36 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Pretty well. But if you can knock a few doors down, there's a very slim hope. If she were t'other side of the Pond, I'd be saying forget it.
There's hope. KJ's first trick will be to work out where all the foreigners are working, because that means HR with a visa section. The second trick will be to find the same at a not-for-profit employer (e.g., government, academia) because they won't be subject to the visa cap.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:43 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

The term is "bunny boiler" from Fatal Attraction, you muppet!

Still, the image of a flaming pet bunny bouncing around the neighbourhood igniting the bushes is quite... interesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.