new Arizona illegal immigration enforcement law

new Arizona illegal immigration enforcement law

Old May 18th 2010, 11:17 pm
Banned

bowenaj37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: new Arizona illegal immigration enforcement law

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Since when have Brits carried ID?
They racial profile you I think if you don't sound like a brit they jack you up I think. I have seen it once at Kings Cross I have never been stopped though
Old May 18th 2010, 11:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by penguinbar
No I live in New York City. We could be next though!
Bloomberg is against the idea and the NYPD don't have the time. Chicago isn't too keen on it by all accounts they do seem to try a little bit harder though
Old May 18th 2010, 11:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bowenaj37
They racial profile you I think if you don't sound like a brit they jack you up I think. I have seen it once at Kings Cross I have never been stopped though

That's not what I asked. In your previous post you said IO's were asking to see people's ID. Therefore please tell me how long Brits have been required to carry ID.

Or is the scenerio you've mentioned straight out of Law and Order UK?
Old May 18th 2010, 11:31 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
Ooooh now you'll be a marked man as a tea-bagger LOL There's a piece here about Jan Brewer from the LA Times claiming she might not survive the tax hikes:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...an-brewer.html
Brewer was thrown into the job when the previous Democratic governor, Napolitano, was appointed head honcho at DHS. She'd never have got in on a straight vote. She's an old-style Republican.......but the legislature is full of loopy neocon types.

But the exciting race here at the moment is the GOP trying to tear itself apart over McCain's seat rather than the governor's race.
Old May 18th 2010, 11:32 pm
Banned

That's not what I asked. In your previous post you said IO's were asking to see people's ID. Therefore please tell me how long Brits have been required to carry ID.

No it is actually been on the documentary show UK border force. The border agents were stood outside the station and anyone who seemed nervous got questioned they caught 3 or 4 people over the course of maybe half an hour. I have seen them at Kings Cross when the cameras weren't there. Anyone who seemed nervous got stopped. They were talking to a black guy who didn't sound English I walked right past I had my England shirt on they never batted an eyelid at me

We don't carry ID card not yet not required by law but that being said how would I prove I was english if they stopped me?

Last edited by bowenaj37; May 18th 2010 at 11:34 pm.
Old May 18th 2010, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's been a federal crime since the 1940s for all non-US citizens to not carry their visa or green card with them at all times. So if you haven't been doing that, and you were not born here or naturalized, you're committing a federal offense
Old May 18th 2010, 11:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

No it is actually been on the documentary show UK border force. The border agents were stood outside the station and anyone who seemed nervous got questioned they caught 3 or 4 people over the course of maybe half an hour. I have seen them at Kings Cross when the cameras weren't there. Anyone who seemed nervous got stopped. They were talking to a black guy who didn't sound English I walked right past I had my England shirt on they never batted an eyelid at me

We don't carry ID card not yet not required by law but that being said how would I prove I was english if they stopped me?
You are avoiding my question about ID...because you realise that again you've made an incorrect statement.

Why don't you follow the advice Meauxna gave you earlier...Google and get the facts right before you post? I realise we all make mistakes but you really take the biscuit.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 18th 2010 at 11:42 pm. Reason: typo
Old May 18th 2010, 11:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
Well it's been a federal crime since the 1940s for all non-US citizens to not carry their visa or green card with them at all times. So if you haven't been doing that, and you were not born here or naturalized, you're committing a federal offense
What has that got to do with the price of fish? Have you even read the post I replied to...it had nothing to do with the US?
Old May 18th 2010, 11:41 pm
Banned

You know what will happen in Arizona don't you with a cop who has never seen a Michigan driving licence. Is he gonna be asking the American guy you sure your not from Canada. This whole Arizona law will never survive the supreme court hearings with the ACLU.
Old May 18th 2010, 11:56 pm
Banned

You are avoiding my question about ID...because you realise that again you've made an incorrect statement.

Why don't you follow the advice Meauxna gave you earlier...Google and get the facts right before you post? I realise we all make mistakes but you really take the biscuit.
How have I given incorrect statement. To the best of my knowledge in the UK British Citizens are not required to carry ID with them we have no national id card that plan got scrapped. I am 28 years old I don't carry ID when I go out i look well over 18 haven't been asked for ID in a bar in years I chucked my proof of age card away years ago and I haven't passed my driving test yet no drivers licence with EU flag on. Am not sure about EU citizens working over here they might have to carry their EU work card whatever you call it. It doesn't affect my life. I think they caught those people more because of suspicous behaviour in that they didn't want to go past the immigration people than racial profiling. When I walked past Kings Cross with my mate they had stopped a black man he sounded like he was from Jamaica go figure.

Last edited by bowenaj37; May 19th 2010 at 12:02 am.
Old May 19th 2010, 12:04 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

But here in the UK we hunt the illegals down like dogs pardon the pun we raid chinese takeout resturants and butchers shops and hairdressing salons and if you steal an unemployed person's social security number we call it national insurance number they are on you like a flash we have immigration officers in London underground stations checking people's ID as they go on the tube and they do catch people they don't do it every day though.
This is utter nonsense.
Old May 19th 2010, 12:07 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Your American girlfriend should be required to read all your posts here before letting you come over even one more time.

And your English one, for good measure!
Old May 19th 2010, 12:13 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
This is utter nonsense.
How is it utter nonsense? I am saying we enforce in England they don't appear to in America Why don't ICE hit all the diners the resturants the irish bars the construction sites with the cheap day labourers and the cheap hostels and their undocumented cleaners like we do here in England. Can you answer me that question?
Old May 19th 2010, 12:16 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

How is it utter nonsense? I am saying we enforce in England they don't appear to in America Why don't ICE hit all the diners the resturants the irish bars the construction sites with the cheap day labourers and the cheap hostels and their undocumented cleaners like we do here in England. Can you answer me that question?
Do you have any clue how much $$$$ that costs? DHS is sort of busy with the War on Terror(tm).
Among other reasons.

Perhaps lapin was challenging you also on "we have immigration officers in London underground stations checking people's ID as they go on the tube". What do YOU have to say about that?
Old May 19th 2010, 12:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It costs to much money, those people have people lobbying for them and errr...it's not in the public interest to actually bother...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.