Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The new American Football season

The new American Football season

Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of
Default The new American Football season

I personally have really got into the NFL and can't wait for the new season.

As my wife is from Colorado she is a diehard Broncos fan and I'm not allowed to even think about supporting the local team (The Colts).

We have just got tickets for the Denver @ Cincinnati game on Sep 13th.

Anyone else on this board going to this game? (Bronco or Bengal - doesn't matter). If so then fancy supping a few pints before the game?

I'm not sure what it is going to be like being an away supporter with no segregation - it will feel strange.

My prediction for the Superbowl is Broncos (they will do well this season) vs Saints. You heard it here first!

Anyone else fancy a guess?
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The new American Football season

I have to take the generic city stand on the Browns. Right now, "This year will be different, we'll make the playoffs for sure." After the first game of the season "There's always next year."
Old Aug 7th 2009, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Go Cowboys!!! (well we used to live near Detroit...couldn't really bring myself to watch the Lions play )
Old Aug 7th 2009, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Steelers this year again. Stairway to Seven!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

louisejhart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TimberHut
I personally have really got into the NFL and can't wait for the new season.

As my wife is from Colorado she is a diehard Broncos fan and I'm not allowed to even think about supporting the local team (The Colts).

Anyone else on this board going to this game? (Bronco or Bengal - doesn't matter). If so then fancy supping a few pints before the game?

I'm not sure what it is going to be like being an away supporter with no segregation - it will feel strange.

My prediction for the Superbowl is Broncos (they will do well this season) vs Saints. You heard it here first!

Anyone else fancy a guess?
As a 20-odd year watcher of the NFL, I always look forward to the new season. Tragically, judging by last years performance, I am a Packers fan. Still, every year there's new hope!

The real test will be if I can be back in the US in time to see most of the season. Otherwise, it's back to recording the weekly offering on Channel 5.....
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind going to a Pats game, seeing as the stadium is only 10 miles south of me....but my god are those tickets pricey

Anyway, it's only ever fun when it's the Pats v Bills as our old neighbour is from Buffalo and it was always a laugh all his mates taking the mick
Old Aug 7th 2009, 7:58 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Been a Pats fan since they got owned by the Bears in '85. Moved here the year they got to their 3rd SB and the first time they won.

We need another backup QB now they traded Cassell, not sure if they would go for Vick although Foxboro is the home of the convicts. I am sure Green Bay will talk to Vick too lol.

Defence is old and slow except for the corners.

Great recievers.

I predict Pats v Cards SB. Pats come out on top.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 2:46 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

There's no hope for me. I'm a Raiders fan.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 3:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
there's a joke somewhere in that...
Old Aug 9th 2009, 3:59 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto
Going to watch them play the broncos in September
Old Aug 9th 2009, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Stockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to allStockton is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TimberHut

Sadly no...wrong part of the country

Unless you yourself get obnoxious (and I've seen many away supporters do it) the worst you're likely to get is some good-natured ribbing. Especially if the Bengals are winning.

Now that would be good to see. I'm not going to bet my beer money on it though.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Giants all the way! Not going to a game anytime soon, though.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 10:56 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with being a Raiders fan it is all in the image

Much better college football starts in a few weeks, have a season ticket to Oregon State
Old Aug 9th 2009, 11:55 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orangemirror
Steelers this year again. Stairway to Seven!
Yay!!! Go Steelers. I may get to see some games this year as I will be fundraising at Heinz stadium

I hoped my middle daughter would go to the University of Pittsburgh and then I would have a reason to go to the Pitt college games but she chose a different school and they don't have a good football team....at least I don't think so.

Last edited by jumping doris; Aug 9th 2009 at 11:57 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 2:08 am
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jumping doris
Yay!!! Go Steelers. I may get to see some games this year as I will be fundraising at Heinz stadium

I hoped my middle daughter would go to the University of Pittsburgh and then I would have a reason to go to the Pitt college games but she chose a different school and they don't have a good football team....at least I don't think so.
A Viking fan here - looking forward to what is genuinely going to be a tight 3-way battle for the division. Not sure, and not confident... but a little something tells me that the winner of the 3 way battle will have had to play so well throughout the season, that they will be a real contender for the SB...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.