Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Never fluck with Floridians

Old Mar 16th 2007, 2:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Never fluck with Floridians

We shoot robbers ...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...B?OpenDocument
Old Mar 16th 2007, 3:03 pm
The Duchess of Putney

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Never fluck with Floridians

Originally Posted by Ray View Post

We shoot robbers ...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...B?OpenDocument
Okay, okay, okay - I'm no going to rob you - you can keep you collection of original mint-condition Beanos!!!

(signed Derek the Menace)
Old Mar 17th 2007, 2:55 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Phank-you for the marning.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

can someone clear this for me. If i have a permit in my state does that mean i can use it all over the country? Reading that article I am not so sure?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 4:55 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deedee13 View Post
can someone clear this for me. If i have a permit in my state does that mean i can use it all over the country? Reading that article I am not so sure?
I don't think so.... article says "The 23-year-old victim holds a concealed-carry permit from his home state of Florida, which is honored in Missouri"

Sounds like it's state related but some states have agreements with others.

---

Out of interest - how does one go about getting a licence to carry a concealed weapon ?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richardowen View Post
I don't think so.... article says "The 23-year-old victim holds a concealed-carry permit from his home state of Florida, which is honored in Missouri"

Sounds like it's state related but some states have agreements with others.

---

Out of interest - how does one go about getting a licence to carry a concealed weapon ?
In FL at least, you go on a course, get a certificate, get your fingerprints done and fill out an application; you send the whole lot off and then a few weeks/months later the permit is sent out to you.

If you're unsure of how to get the permit in your state, go to your local gun shop, they'll be willing to help.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

cranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nice

I've looked into this as we're moving to FL here is some info. For other states google is your friend, but the term reciprocity deals with CCW permits being used in other states.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

C
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:39 pm
The Duchess of Putney

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranners99 View Post
I've looked into this as we're moving to FL ...
Why does the fact that you are moving to Florida mean that you are compelled to look into gun ownership?

I have been on this earth almost as long as Ray but have never, ever, felt the need to own a gun...
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
Why does the fact that you are moving to Florida mean that you are compelled to look into gun ownership?

I have been on this earth almost as long as Ray but have never, ever, felt the need to own a gun...
Why would you? Your Opera CD collection is enough to put anyone into a coma
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Okay, okay, okay - I'm no going to rob you - you can keep you collection of original mint-condition Beanos!!!

(signed Derek the Menace)
Err.."Dennis" the menace

Bloody girls.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

cranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nice

After 24 years in the army and being around guns I'm looking forward to getting another.

In the UK I had several shotguns used for Clay Target shooting and for hunting. While in Cyprus I formed a shooting club and managed to used various shotguns, British rifles and pistols, Argentine FNs, Czech AKs and Austrian Glocks.

I'm moving to FL as that is where Mrs Crnners' family are. The FL gun laws are a bonus for me. (Plus Mrs Cranners is ex-dept of corrections and is used to firearms too).

C
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he/she owns one now and wants to do the same when he/she moves?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

After 24 years in the army and being around guns I'm looking forward to getting another.

In the UK I had several shotguns used for Clay Target shooting and for hunting. While in Cyprus I formed a shooting club and managed to used various shotguns, British rifles and pistols, Argentine FNs, Czech AKs and Austrian Glocks.

I'm moving to FL as that is where Mrs Crnners' family are. The FL gun laws are a bonus for me. (Plus Mrs Cranners is ex-dept of corrections and is used to firearms too).

C
Thought as much...
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

C
bet she keeps u in toe then . Mrs Cranner that is.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 8:00 pm
The Duchess of Putney

Originally Posted by Deedee13 View Post
bet she keeps u in toe then . Mrs Cranner that is.
Just a whip works for me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.