British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Netflix (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/netflix-357421/)

Partystar Feb 24th 2006 8:10 pm

Netflix

I have previously posted how much I love Netflix & I do, but right now, they are really getting on my nerves. I ordered a DVD, it came the next day, as usual. We sat down to watch it & it froze an hour into the movie. We tried all the usual stuff, fast forwarding, skipping to next scene & trying to go back a bit, cleaning the disc, trying to play it in another machine, with no joy.

So I reported the damaged disc online & sent it back to them. 2 days later, we get 'another' copy of the DVD, only for the same thing to happen with this one, in exactly the same place, conclusion - they sent us the same DVD back.

So, again, I report it online, plus when I went to send it back I put a post-it note on it, describing the problem. 2 days later, we get 'another' copy of the DVD, with the same f**king problem. So I report it as damaged, write them an email of complaint, attach another post-it note to the DVD & send it back.

They reply promptly with an apology & a free disc outside of our subscription voucher. Another 2 days later, we receive 'another' DVD & guess what? Yep, you've got it, it's the same mother f**king copy!!! Now I'm really pissed off, so I report it online again, I write them an email again & I put a post-it note on & send it back, again! Here's the bullshit response I get this time -

"Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for contacting Netflix.com customer support!

We truly apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this may have caused. We inspect the quality of a DVD before it leaves our facility and if it is not visibly damaged, we will ship it to the next customer. Unfortunately due to the heavy rotation of each copy, damages may occur. Additionally, the quality can become compromised while in transit, which is something we cannot be held accountable for. Our compensation for damaged DVDs is to ship replacement copies as soon as it is possible.

If you are experiencing difficulties with your rentals, you may report the problem via Rental Activity section. Simply click "Report Problem" and then follow the instructions on the next page(s) to report the difficulty you have experienced."

So, of course, I'm now furious. I write them another email, addressed "To someone who can actually help me". Again, I get a prompt reply, except this time it was very helpful, rather than bullshit. They have added 2 months of half priced subscription (so basically 1 month free) & suggested that I if I get the same copy back this time, to report it online as usual & keep hold of it, so that I'll definitely get a different one back.

So this is where I am right now. I have the damaged DVD here with me, I'm awaiting another copy to be sent out. It's been 2 days now & I bet they're waiting for it to be sent back, but I'm the person who has it, so they'll never get it!!! I'll give it a week & email again. I will not let this rest, they are gonna have to obtain another copy from one of their other offices, cuz I've paid for their service & that's what I shall get. :mad:

fatbrit Feb 24th 2006 8:16 pm

Re: Netflix

I'd try bunging it through DVD Decrypter to see if it was readable or not.

Partystar Feb 24th 2006 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit

Not sure what you mean, sorry to be dense!

The movie played fine, except for the last 20 minutes, it just started skipping & then froze, we just wanna watch the last little bit!!!

cutina Feb 24th 2006 8:22 pm

that's s***....:(
I can't complain about them too much though, i get my dvd's sent to work because my apt mailbox is small... and some cheap bstard keeps stealing them...
netflix have believed me on som many occasions and sent me a new one
thanks netflix :)

cutina Feb 24th 2006 8:22 pm

out of interest, which one is it?

LeedsGirl Feb 24th 2006 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar

The movie played fine, except for the last 20 minutes, it just started skipping & then froze, we just wanna watch the last little bit!!!

Snap in half and then return it, they definitely won't send you that one again and tell this is how you received it :D

cutina Feb 24th 2006 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
Snap in half and then return it, they definitely won't send you that one again and tell this is how you received it :D

great idea... i've received them like that too, so it can happen;)

Partystar Feb 24th 2006 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by cutina
out of interest, which one is it?

Which Netflix office or which movie?

Partystar Feb 24th 2006 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl

That's a f**kin' superb idea, thanx mate, I might just do that!

cutina Feb 24th 2006 8:28 pm

Which Netflix office or which movie?

i meant movie... but that'sonly because i hadn't thought about the fact there are different offices! :o

Hiro11 Feb 24th 2006 8:29 pm

I'm with you and I agree.

Partystar Feb 24th 2006 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by cutina
i meant movie... but that'sonly because i hadn't thought about the fact there are different offices! :o

'Five Children and It'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366450/

I watched the TV version when I was a kid & absolutely loved it, so I wanted to see if this one was as good.

fatbrit Feb 24th 2006 8:34 pm

Bung this on your computer. Then see if it'll rip it for you.

Partystar Feb 24th 2006 8:37 pm

Bung this on your computer. Then see if it'll rip it for you.

Cheers mate, I'll give that a try a bit later on.

cutina Feb 24th 2006 9:02 pm

'Five Children and It'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366450/

I watched the TV version when I was a kid & absolutely loved it, so I wanted to see if this one was as good.

i have a vague memory of that... maybe a repressed one :p