Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Neighbors from hell

Neighbors from hell

Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:11 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Neighbors from hell

Funny article on neighbors from hell - in the UK and the US - with further links to NFH websites here and in the UK.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05223/551986.stm

Luckily at this time we have nice neighbors, and have never actually had bad neighbors wherever we lived - touch wood.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Neighbors from hell

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
Funny article on neighbors from hell - in the UK and the US - with further links to NFH websites here and in the UK.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05223/551986.stm

Luckily at this time we have nice neighbors, and have never actually had bad neighbors wherever we lived - touch wood.
I've had my fair share of crappy neighbours in the UK. Every single night at about 10pm the woman next door would start making noises, which sounded very much like a pig being murdered ... in the end I worked it all out ... she was making those noises to please her husband during sex. Honestly, at first I almost called the police thinking that someone was being murdered ... but as soon as the husband 'finished', she would be fine. They would have all their windows open and they had a toddler living there too, goodness knows what she made of it all. I got so sick of it in the end that I would call them on the telephone (blocking my number) when they had been at it for about 10 minutes ... I would hear one of them run downstairs to the answer the phone and then I would put the phone down just as they answered ... worked a treat for a while, till they put a phone beside the bed! I wound up having to move just to get some peace and quiet!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 4:13 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

How about neighbors who take an instant dislike to you because they were really good friends with the previous occupants, but you just 'aren't them'. Well, the bastards are moving in a few days.....yippeee!!!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose
I've had my fair share of crappy neighbours in the UK. Every single night at about 10pm the woman next door would start making noises, which sounded very much like a pig being murdered ... in the end I worked it all out ... she was making those noises to please her husband during sex. Honestly, at first I almost called the police thinking that someone was being murdered ... but as soon as the husband 'finished', she would be fine. They would have all their windows open and they had a toddler living there too, goodness knows what she made of it all. I got so sick of it in the end that I would call them on the telephone (blocking my number) when they had been at it for about 10 minutes ... I would hear one of them run downstairs to the answer the phone and then I would put the phone down just as they answered ... worked a treat for a while, till they put a phone beside the bed! I wound up having to move just to get some peace and quiet!
LOL, I know what you mean. I used to live in an apartment back in the UK, the girl next door was like clockwork every Sunday morning at 10am.

Just last week I was in a hotel, I got woken up at 1:30am because my bed was shaking. After double-checking to make sure I wasn't on the West Coast, I realised it was the people in the next room making my bed bounce.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 5:54 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
LOL, I know what you mean. I used to live in an apartment back in the UK, the girl next door was like clockwork every Sunday morning at 10am.

Just last week I was in a hotel, I got woken up at 1:30am because my bed was shaking. After double-checking to make sure I wasn't on the West Coast, I realised it was the people in the next room making my bed bounce.

Sorry.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

When we were in the Uk, our little old lady neighbour had one of those awful small barking poodles that would bark every time we went into the back garden. There was a six foot high fence between our gardens and hubby went out and started barking quietly back at the dog so neighbour wouldn't hear him. The neighbour heard the the dog and the dog got a whacking and put inside. Served the little beast right.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

I have the guy who screams "SLOW DOWN!!" every time I drive past his house (even if I'm going 15 MPH).
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbors never give me any problems at all ...In fact I rarely even see them ..I think they hide a lot of the time ...
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:51 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
My neighbors never give me any problems at all ...In fact I rarely even see them ..I think they hide a lot of the time ...

So are they like mutant squirrels?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
So are they like mutant squirrels?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirrels

Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

strim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant futurestrim has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CitySimon
I have the guy who screams "SLOW DOWN!!" every time I drive past his house (even if I'm going 15 MPH).
do we live on the same street?! I also have a Mr "Slow Down" just down the street. I also have a Mrs "Why don't you go back where you came from" and Mr and Mrs "your fence (that has been there since before either of us moved in) encroaches 1ft onto our property so you need to move it". On the other side of the street is Mrs "your leaves are blowing into my garden".......other than that it is a nice neighbourhood!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by strim
On the other side of the street is Mrs "your leaves are blowing into my garden".......
Have you tried telling her to ask the leaves to return to your garden?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

I have 'Mrs kindly do not cut across my garden while walking your dog', in my neighbourhood.. The fact that her garden and the public grounds merge at a point that only she knows is irrelevant.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 1:01 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Some friends have a tree a good ten feet inside their lot. They have neighbours who hate the tree. Friend told them that anything that was on their side of the fence was theirs (PA Law), so they sneaked in and tried to cut it down. He caught them before they could do any damage and took them to court and got a permanent injunction. About a year later, they were all out on errands and when he got back, there was a tree surgeon with all his gear, getting ready to cut the tree down. Yes, the neighbours had hired him. The police took notes but refused to arrestthe neighbour.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Some friends have a tree a good ten feet inside their lot. They have neighbours who hate the tree. Friend told them that anything that was on their side of the fence was theirs (PA Law), so they sneaked in and tried to cut it down. He caught them before they could do any damage and took them to court and got a permanent injunction. About a year later, they were all out on errands and when he got back, there was a tree surgeon with all his gear, getting ready to cut the tree down. Yes, the neighbours had hired him. The police took notes but refused to arrestthe neighbour.
Poor tree, what's it ever done to anyone!! I am a bit of a tree hugger. Your friend should paint a skull and cross bones on the trunk facing the neighbour and tell them that if anything happens to the tree a curse is set on the perpetrator.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.