Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

need word of encouragement

Wikiposts

need word of encouragement

Old Apr 19th 2001, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning, I know other people have way longer times to wait for their approval, and I sympathize very much.
Our petition was received at CSC on March 8, today is day 30 of the litany of: 20-30 days to process. But another person with a 1st NOA of March 7 already got their approval last week....Why don't I have mine yet? We sent our Packet 3 to London yesterday to get the provisional file opened so at least it's another step in the right direction. But now I'm thinking: Uh oh, are we going to get an RFE? We sent loads of proof of relationship, and everything was filled out properly, but now I'm thinking...Are we at the end of a box and the other person already approved last week was at the beginning of a box? I just want some encouragement to not fret and that it WILL happen. Thank you so much!
Old Apr 19th 2001, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

misskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pjane1954
Are we at the end of a box and the other person already approved last week was at the beginning of a box? I just want some encouragement to not fret and that it WILL happen. Thank you so much!
try not to fret, i too suspected that i was in the middle of a box at the nsc, and found that people who'd been actioned weeks after me were getting approved first. but probably within a week of that particular discovery, we were approved ourselves. i suspect that they do operate a "first in, last out" policy (as well as the "muddle 'em up and pick one at random" policy), as someone mentioned here previously. hang tight, and try not to dread the rfes. waiting is something that we're gonna have to get used to

kate
Old Apr 19th 2001, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your kind words, misskate!
If I had known the approval would take more time than was on their recording, I could have planned to go visit him again for another long weekend I have off from work next week.
However, since I didn't know that two weeks ago, and the flight will cost more with such short notice....(grrr)....I'll have to wait until he arrives in the US on the K-1. Hopefully it will be before the year is over. (being facetious)
I had been looking at CSC and London Embassy timelines and figured it would not take too long...I had anticipated approval a couple of weeks ago, actually. (right)
Maybe I'll move over there and take my money with me (along with my taxes) thank you very much. I'm getting grumpier by the minute. I really don't know how people with huge times to wait manage to do it. My heart goes out to them all.
Old Apr 24th 2001, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Do I add to this thread I had started, or should I start a new thread, asking why CSC has not approved my petition?
I phoned the automated line today and was told the phones were down due to an emergency.
That was at 3:20 pm, after trying to get hold of them since 10:30 this morning.
I am going to visit my sister in Laguna on Friday, shall I stop in at their office and ask where the heck my petition is?
I'm really worrying, yes I know not to, but I did the math on the K-1 site: The average time between 1st and 2nd NOA's out of CSC is only 28 calendar days.
Well, it's been since March 8 that we got our 1st NOA, and that means 47 calendar days for me. Still no approval? I want to call and ask what the hold up is, where is my petition? Am I over-reacting? Don't they do RFE's right away, if they are going to send my petition back? Is anyone else still waiting approval out of CSC, who has a 1st NOA around March 8? Sorry to sound like a broken record. I just know that something is going to happen every step of the way to ruin my chances of a June wedding. Waiting another 30 days using the JIT report is a waste of time. I want answers now. Will I get them do you think? Thanks for any input, and so sorry for being a pest.