Reload this Page >

Need someone who can do Brit & US accent

Need someone who can do Brit & US accent

Old Oct 20th 2010, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

kimchiflower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need someone who can do Brit & US accent

Originally Posted by DukeGuy
Is it only me who can't understand this request?

If the voices are to be recorded - just record a natural born Englishman/woman and the same with an American.
The 2 accents need to be from the same person (a bidialectal speaker - Like Hugh Laurie as Dr. House)

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Is there a reason that you need the same person to be able to speak in both accents?
My research is about trying to understand students' preconceptions & prejudices to the 2 accents, and whether they are able to correctly identify them in isolation. Then what their attitudes are towards the accents they hear.

The reason the 2 accents need to be performed by the same person is to rule out external influences such as age, sex, rate & tone of the voice, etc etc.

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
What difference would it make if the samplings are recorded audio, as opposed to audio/video?
Video would give away the secret - both accents are the same person! Besides, I don't want the students to judge the person physically - only on their accent.

The person doing the 2 accents would be anonymous and unidentifiable.

Last edited by kimchiflower; Oct 20th 2010 at 12:28 pm.