Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

need some Info please

need some Info please

Old Jan 5th 2007, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default need some Info please

My Niece in England wants to Imigrate to Canada. but it's so hard to get in and the waiting list is Five years!!.. I was thinking is it easyier to get into the States?...say Washington State . Her husband is a R.N she's a Physiotherapist. she is 38 he is 32..are they to old??.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need some Info please

Originally Posted by jeannie
My Niece in England wants to Imigrate to Canada. but it's so hard to get in and the waiting list is Five years!!.. I was thinking is it easyier to get into the States?...say Washington State . Her husband is a R.N she's a Physiotherapist. she is 38 he is 32..are they to old??.

Nurses are in demand in both Canada and the US. I know the US has a special offer for nurses but not sure of the details. Check out the nursing section under professions on the BE site. Also ask in the Canadian section about immigration to Canada with a work visa. As long as you have a job there is virtually no waiting period.

Either you look for them or have them do a bit more research.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:53 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Does she intend to tunnel into Canada from Washington State? It would be easier to take back roads through Wisconsin, or tunnel in through Mexico and then drive up. Has she tried Australia? They let anyone in!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jeannie,
No, they are not too old to emigrate. I have 3 websites for them to search.
1 www.bcphysio.org the website is well designed and there is a
section for foreign trained physios .CHC websites are posted there.
2 www.crnbc.ca . Go into the applying for registration section and the
there is a link for International trained nurses
3 www.medhunters.com to find jobs .
Hope that helps and good luck.
Yoong
Old Jan 5th 2007, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Does she intend to tunnel into Canada from Washington State? It would be easier to take back roads through Wisconsin, or tunnel in through Mexico and then drive up. Has she tried Australia? They let anyone in!
Old Jan 5th 2007, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
Nurses are in demand in both Canada and the US. I know the US has a special offer for nurses but not sure of the details. Check out the nursing section under professions on the BE site. Also ask in the Canadian section about immigration to Canada with a work visa. As long as you have a job there is virtually no waiting period.

Either you look for them or have them do a bit more research.
Thanks for the info will see she gets it.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yoong
Hi Jeannie,
No, they are not too old to emigrate. I have 3 websites for them to search.
1 www.bcphysio.org the website is well designed and there is a
section for foreign trained physios .CHC websites are posted there.
2 www.crnbc.ca . Go into the applying for registration section and the
there is a link for International trained nurses
3 www.medhunters.com to find jobs .
Hope that helps and good luck.
Yoong
Thank you I passed along the info.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:19 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking is it easyier to get into the States?...say Washington State
Hope they like rain
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Go to www.Allnurses.com you will find every aspect of nursing jobs and how to go about it. Very comprehensive.Not too old at all, were going over at 55 yrs
Old Jan 5th 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Not too old, this is a good place to start. http://allnurses.com/forums/f75/prim...us-160143.html

I am currently going through the process to work in the US and with a few delays have been at it over 3 years but hopefully getting to the end of the tunnel Be prepared for paperwaork and patience. Happy for them to email me if they want further into
Old Jan 5th 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Tell her to take her HGV test ! .......... Yankee trucking in Saskatoon have taken on over 200 british truck drivers in the past 3 years and sorted the imigration within weeks.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 4:56 pm
The OC

MancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really niceMancMan is just really nice

My wife is an RN. We wanted to move to California so she did the state RN license exam. Then we e-mailed the HR dept of some hospitals in the area we wanted to move to. Out of 7 hospitals contacted 3 offered sponsorship for green cards.

The rest is history
Old Jan 6th 2007, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

They live in Cheshire...they take there Wellies everywhere.

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Hope they like rain
Old Jan 6th 2007, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

That is amazing are you going to anyone State or just traveling ?at 55 that is going to be an adventure. and thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Go to www.Allnurses.com you will find every aspect of nursing jobs and how to go about it. Very comprehensive.Not too old at all, were going over at 55 yrs
Old Jan 6th 2007, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you I will tell April of your offer for her to e-mail..
Good luck to you.

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Not too old, this is a good place to start. http://allnurses.com/forums/f75/prim...us-160143.html

I am currently going through the process to work in the US and with a few delays have been at it over 3 years but hopefully getting to the end of the tunnel Be prepared for paperwaork and patience. Happy for them to email me if they want further into

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.