Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Need info: plug adapter for UK

Need info: plug adapter for UK

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:38 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need info: plug adapter for UK

I'm flying back to the UK for a vacation, and will be taking the laptop with me.
The power adapter can supposedly handle 110 and 240V. What I need though is an adapter to convert a two pin American plug into the UK three-pin.

Can anyone recommend just such a device, and where to buy it from?

Thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need info: plug adapter for UK

Originally Posted by Octang Frye View Post
I'm flying back to the UK for a vacation, and will be taking the laptop with me.
The power adapter can supposedly handle 110 and 240V. What I need though is an adapter to convert a two pin American plug into the UK three-pin.

Can anyone recommend just such a device, and where to buy it from?

Thanks
fry's, best buy, radio shack etc...and the air port...
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:45 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

You can get it all over London, from Dixons to the corner shop. They are basically everywhere.

But how long will you be in the UK? If more than 2 weeks, you might want to spend £5 on an actual cord that would connect your laptops 'brick' to the wall. Generally, the bricks have a standard plug (looks kind of like a sideways '8') and you can buy a replacement cord with a UK 3-prongs for about £5 at Dixons, et. al. It's a bit safer than dealing with adapters (I tend to fry those things out) or if you have > 1 thing that needs to be plugged in (i.e. laptop and phone, for example).
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:11 pm
Tim

magilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to beholdmagilla442 is a splendid one to behold

target sells adapters for $7 i think
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought one on the plane once. Duty free catalog.