Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Need info please - potential move to Texas (Lake Jackson)

Need info please - potential move to Texas (Lake Jackson)

Old Feb 14th 2018, 5:11 am
Just Joined

rockyram is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need info please - potential move to Texas (Lake Jackson)

Hi all,
I have been offered a role with my company to move to one of their subsidiaries out in Texas, not far from Lake Jackson.
I have never been to the US so its all new for me - also I am a British muslim ... I want to get some information for whats it like to live out there ? You see a lot of stuff on the news about the US/Texas and they push through a discriminatory narrative... is it relatively safe for people from different backgrounds... would it be ok to live close by to the company near Lake Jackson or surrounding areas, or is it best to base myself in Houston and commute... any feedback on the matter would be helpful..
Old Feb 14th 2018, 6:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need info please - potential move to Texas (Lake Jackson)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brazo...01350576687204

Ask them?
Old Feb 14th 2018, 11:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need info please - potential move to Texas (Lake Jackson)

Originally Posted by rockyram
Hi all,
I have been offered a role with my company to move to one of their subsidiaries out in Texas, not far from Lake Jackson.
I have never been to the US so its all new for me - also I am a British muslim ... I want to get some information for whats it like to live out there ? You see a lot of stuff on the news about the US/Texas and they push through a discriminatory narrative... is it relatively safe for people from different backgrounds... would it be ok to live close by to the company near Lake Jackson or surrounding areas, or is it best to base myself in Houston and commute... any feedback on the matter would be helpful..
Lake Jackson is about 12 miles from where I live. The county, Brazoria is basically very rural and very redneck, good ole boy type of make up. I have been here 29 years and for the most we enjoy it. If you think you would be more comfortable commuting then I would look in the Pearland/Manvel area. It is a little bit less rural and close to Houston but the commute back to LJ would be easier, straight shot down 288.

Also remember the southern part of Brazoria gets hit pretty hard when there are hurricanes and Tropical storms. Right now we are all recovering from last year's Harvey catastrophe.

If you need to know more message me.