rajcarol is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need HELP with I-864 ... Plz

Hi guys,
We need a little help with the I-864 form :

- My wife(USC) is filling this form , as a supporting documents
does she have to include(If i'm right...) are :
* her W2 forms form last 3 yrs.
* her latest pay stub.

- We are from NH , the "125% of poverty line requirement" for a household size of 2 is $14,512.00 ?

- Her annual income was around $15,000 , for the last 3 yrs
does that makes her a qualified applicant ???

- while calculating the household income , we have to consider the amount mentioned on her W2's ?

- Ref. PART 4.C : "sponsers household size"
its just two of us.So only 4.C.1 & 4.C.2 will be filled.
under that section is a table stating "list the persons .. "
again it will be both of us , BUT what will be A# , we both have SS#( shes a USC & i'm on my H1B1.)

Any help is appriciated...!!

Thanx

Last edited by rajcarol; Aug 21st 2002 at 11:57 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

mailmena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need HELP with I-864 ... Plz

Originally posted by rajcarol:
Hi guys,
We need a little help with the I-864 form :

- My wife(USC) is filling this form , as a supporting documents
does she have to include(If i'm right...) are :
* her W2 forms form last 3 yrs.
* her latest pay stub.

- We are from NH , the "125% of poverty line requirement" for a household size of 2 is $14,512.00 ?

- Her annual income was around $15,000 , for the last 3 yrs
does that makes her a qualified applicant ???

- while calculating the household income , we have to consider the amount mentioned on her W2's ?

- Ref. PART 4.C : "sponsers household size"
its just two of us.So only 4.C.1 & 4.C.2 will be filled.
under that section is a table stating "list the persons .. "
again it will be both of us , BUT what will be A# , we both have SS#( shes a USC & i'm on my H1B1.)

Any help is appriciated...!!

Thanx
-She doesn't need W2 only copies of 3 previous year tax return. She needs W2 if she filed joint tax.
-Yes, recent pay stub.
-Here is the link to poverty guideline http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/poverty.htm
-family size of two if within 48 cont' state: ~$15k is above the guideline.
-I used the sponsor's income that matched W2 and 1040.
-A# is alien registration number. She won't have one. You might. Check your passport or H1b petition.

She signs the paper in front of Notary Public though... don't forget!

Last edited by mailmena; Aug 22nd 2002 at 12:51 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 9:11 pm
Leslie

Can I ask a question relevant to this too? Do the copies of the tax returns have to
be siged copies? I filed electronically the last two years and can find only an
unsigned copy of my 2000 return and have yet to be able to locate a copy of my 2001
return. Does anyone know if the IRS keeps copies? TIA

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

mailmena is an unknown quantity at this point

IRS have copies. It takes about 2 weeks unless you go in person at local IRS office.

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/display/0,,i...D15706,00.html

How do I request a copy of my tax return for last year?

There are two ways to obtain information that you listed on a tax return that was filed with the IRS: (1) You can request a photocopy of the actual return that you filed with the IRS; (2) You can obtain a computer transcript of the information that was listed on the tax return that was filed with the IRS. The photocopy of the return would include the tax form itself, as well as all schedules that you submitted along with copies of the Forms W-2 that were attached to the return. The computer transcript will give you a line by line listing of the return information from the form that was filed for the tax year requested.

If you need an exact copy of a previously filed and processed return, or actual copies of Form W-2, you must complete Form 4506. There is a $23.00 fee for copies of your previously filed tax forms and all attachments (including Form(s) W-2) for each tax period requested and you should allow 60 calendar days for a response. There is no charge for tax return transcripts or Forms W-2 information. Tax forms filed 6 or more years ago may not be available for making copies. However, "Tax Account Information" (see below) is generally still available for these periods.

Form 4506 can also be used to request W-2 information only. You may receive certain federal tax information that was reported by the employer on the Form W-2 free of charge. Current year W-2 information might not be available in all situations.

A "Tax Return Transcript" is available only for returns in the 1040 series (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, etc.). It shows line item entries from the original return that you filed. In most cases, a transcript will meet the requirements for lending institutions for mortgage verification purposes. These transcripts are also widely accepted for financial aid and student loan purposes. The transcripts can be ordered on a Form 4506. There is no charge for the transcripts and you should receive them within about 10 business days from the time that we receive your request. If you need the information sooner, the tax return transcript and certain W-2 information can be received by visiting an IRS office (with proper ID) or by calling the IRS at 800-829-1040.

If you need a "statement" of your tax account which shows changes that you or the IRS made to the original return filed, you must request "Tax Account Information" which shows payments and tax adjustments on your account. You can request the "Tax Account Information" by writing to, or visiting an IRS office or by calling the IRS at 800-829-1040. You cannot use Form 4506 to request "Tax Account Information".

Form 4506 or a "Tax Return Transcript" can also be used to get proof from the IRS that you did not file a tax return for a particular tax year. Forms can be downloaded at Forms & Pubs or ordered by calling 800-829-3676.