Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Need to explain something British?

Wikiposts

Need to explain something British?

Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:11 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to explain something British?

Originally Posted by britvic
Will that woman ever STOP!!! Why bother joining in just to be rude Dog with a bone comes to mind.
I think she is just taking the micky in a humorous way
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Nasty humour at that.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Whats up, Lisa, not getting enough attention recently? You lazy fat americans are not my concern. I educate those with the desire to learn about British culture. Its funny, because everyone esle who responded found it very useful. I do not enforce my ways on foreigners. Now if you've got a problem, come out with it or shut up
Try not to make an arguement when there is none to be made so you don't embarass yourself too much. I would consider seeing a doctor about those hormones if I were you.
Chorlton, if anything I thought you'd appreciate the humo(u)r. I guess it was wasted. Anyway, I don't seek attention, don't need to. And, quite frankly I thought I did say what I needed to say. Why is it that when I say something, you, and of course your rah rah crowd (Hi Vic!) have a problem with it? Quite frankly I have no problems with anything on or in my body. But, you do really need to lighten up. It was a joke, and nothing else. And if you don't like what I say, ignore me. Its a very useful little tool.

I should say as well, and I will. I'm extremely sad for you that you are so very unhappy here, that you have a distinct need to be so acidic to everything American. It makes me wonder why you feel the need to be here. But, I do wish you the best and hope you find some happiness somewhere, even here.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks LH, I appreciate that.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by britvic
Will that woman ever STOP!!! Why bother joining in just to be rude Dog with a bone comes to mind.
Do you really need to join in as well?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:22 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Thanks LH, I appreciate that.
I thought it was funny but I know you. I think this is just a misunderstanding of dry sarcastic humor?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:24 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Chorlton, if anything I thought you'd appreciate the humo(u)r. I guess it was wasted. Anyway, I don't seek attention, don't need to. And, quite frankly I thought I did say what I needed to say. Why is it that when I say something, you, and of course your rah rah crowd (Hi Vic!) have a problem with it? Quite frankly I have no problems with anything on or in my body. But, you do really need to lighten up. It was a joke, and nothing else. And if you don't like what I say, ignore me. Its a very useful little tool.

I should say as well, and I will. I'm extremely sad for you that you are so very unhappy here, that you have a distinct need to be so acidic to everything American. It makes me wonder why you feel the need to be here. But, I do wish you the best and hope you find some happiness somewhere, even here.
I'd just rather you save your "humor" for those who appreciate it. I'm quite happy, or I wouldnt be here. I'm acidic towards you, but not every American. There are customs and people and cultural issues here than I detest, but I have better things to do that be pissed off about them all the time.
Maybe we should just keep apart in here, eh? I have no interest in anything you have to say, and vice versa I'm sure.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I thought it was funny but I know you. I think this is just a misunderstanding of dry sarcastic humor?
Yes, unfortunately. I suppose its the problem of not knowing your fellow posters.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'd just rather you save your "humor" for those who appreciate it. I spit on your pity I'm quite happy, or I wouldnt be here. I'm acidic towards you, but not every American. There are customs and people and cultural issues here than I detest, but I have better things to do that be pissed off about them all the time.
Maybe we should just keep apart in here, eh? I have no interest in anything you have to say, and vice versa I'm sure.
Spit, eh? Well whatever.....ignore me.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:28 am

Spit, eh? Well whatever.....ignore me.
What? WHo said that ??
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:30 am

Didn't your mothers ever tell you "if you can't say something nice, dont say anything at all"?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:31 am

just found this site, which is kind of fun and non-PC;

http://www.sterlingtimes.org/
Liked the newspaper front pages
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:33 am
Banned

Didn't your mothers ever tell you "if you can't say something nice, dont say anything at all"?
No usually it was more like " Come here you little bastard" with a shoe or other blunt object in her hand.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:44 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just rather you save your "humor" for those who appreciate it. I'm quite happy, or I wouldnt be here. I'm acidic towards you, but not every American. There are customs and people and cultural issues here than I detest, but I have better things to do that be pissed off about them all the time.
AmerLisa would prefer to live in the UK over the US. Sincerely. Does knowing that help any?

There are several of us Americans who would rather live in the UK. However, we tend to take the piss out of people who go overboard in glorifying either the US or the UK or ripping either country to pieces. There's good and bad in both, and while we know that this forum exists for Brits to vent frustration about their host countries or long for the UK, sometimes it's a bit OTT.

I think we're all on the same side here!
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by snowbunny
AmerLisa would prefer to live in the UK over the US. Sincerely. Does knowing that help any?

There are several of us Americans who would rather live in the UK. However, we tend to take the piss out of people who go overboard in glorifying either the US or the UK or ripping either country to pieces. There's good and bad in both, and while we know that this forum exists for Brits to vent frustration about their host countries or long for the UK, sometimes it's a bit OTT.

I think we're all on the same side here!
Thats not the point of my thread, though. I was offering information to those who wanted to use it, not ranting about how good or shitty a particular country may be

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.