Reload this Page >

Need a Expat help on cancelled visa

Need a Expat help on cancelled visa

Old Jun 20th 2003, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

okpatu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need a Expat help on cancelled visa

Hi,

On mu arrival about 3 weeks ago at Detriot airport my non immegrant visa was cancelled at airport with 212(a)(7)(A)(i)(I) and 22CFR.112 written over my passport after taking statements from me, took my passport picture and fingerprint. I was also requested to sign over the statement they took from me otherwise I would be banned for 5 years. This I did and I was sent back at my own cost. I therefore request for your advise regarding the codes written on my passport to determine their reason for cancellation.

Also what further steps will I take to get a new visa. If I am to re-apply, do I need to make a new passport for the sake of tideness or go with the old passport although it has not expired but look dirty due to the cancellation. Can I re-apply immediately

Yours truly,
Terry
Old Jun 20th 2003, 2:19 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

For what reason were you sent back?
Old Jun 20th 2003, 10:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsLondon
sounds like a previous over stayer, but do let us know
Old Jun 27th 2003, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by MrsLondon
Hi,
Thanks for your response. I guess the reason for the entry refusal and the visa cancellation was due to the following;

On my arrival at the port, the immigration officer at the port saw flight itinerary for my family who are in US already on a holiday but to travel back with me after my two weeks of stay. This flight itinerary was inside my ticket wallet which I tendered to him on his request. Although, their stay was extended to 3 months instead of their initial proposed 1 month due to threatened abortion she had 3 weeks of their stay in US of which she was thereafter operated on to have a baby in 7 months. We did not plan to have the baby in US, if not she would not have traveled with her other 3 kids as at the time. Due to this, I then took a two week vacation to travel so as to help her handle the kids on their way back. These I told the immigration officer during the interrogation as my major reason for traveling to US as of that time.

Right now my family is back and presently with me.

Thanks in anticipation of your expat advice,
Okpatu
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by ray6
sounds like a previous over stayer, but do let us know
Ray6,

Regarding to your requested clarification, it was my first time of traveling to USA. I had on June 27 posted a likely reason for the cacellation as a reply to Mrs London response. My question still remain, "What next should I do to get this sorted out? Is there any time penalty?" Below is my reply to Mrs London;

"Thanks for your response. I guess the reason for the entry refusal and the visa cancellation was due to the following;

On my arrival at the port, the immigration officer at the port saw flight itinerary for my family who are in US already on a holiday but to travel back with me after my two weeks of stay. This flight itinerary was inside my ticket wallet which I tendered to him on his request. Although, their stay was extended to 3 months instead of their initial proposed 1 month due to threatened abortion she had 3 weeks of their stay in US of which she was thereafter operated on to have a baby in 7 months. We did not plan to have the baby in US, if not she would not have traveled with her other 3 kids as at the time. Due to this, I then took a two week vacation to travel so as to help her handle the kids on their way back. These I told the immigration officer during the interrogation as my major reason for traveling to US as of that time.

Right now my family is back and presently with me.

Thanks in anticipation of your expat advice"
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 1:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Please note I am NOT a lawyer so do not take this as legal advise. it appears you were found inadmissible for the following reason

"Any immigrant at the time of application for admission resulting in a change of status who is not in possession of a valid document is inadmissible under INA 212(a) (7)(A)(I)(1). A valid document includes an unexpired immigrant visa, reentry permit, border crossing identification card, or other valid entry document required by the INA, and a valid unexpired passport, or other suitable travel document, or document of identity and nationality"

My interpretation of that is they though you intended to stay illegally, or your documents were not in order.
my advice is to see a immigration attorney or the US embasssy for a visa or clear this up before you attempt to enter again, A new passport will not help!! your detail are now in their computer system. Any further attempt to enter without the proper documents could have dire consequences..
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 1:52 pm
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ray6
Please note I am NOT a lawyer so do not take this as legal advise. it appears you were found inadmissible for the following reason

"Any immigrant at the time of application for admission resulting in a change of status who is not in possession of a valid document is inadmissible under INA 212(a) (7)(A)(I)(1). A valid document includes an unexpired immigrant visa, reentry permit, border crossing identification card, or other valid entry document required by the INA, and a valid unexpired passport, or other suitable travel document, or document of identity and nationality"

My interpretation of that is they though you intended to stay illegally, or your documents were not in order.
my advice is to see a immigration attorney or the US embasssy for a visa or clear this up before you attempt to enter again, A new passport will not help!! your detail are now in their computer system. Any further attempt to enter without the proper documents could have dire consequences..
Hi Ray,
I suppose another way of looking at this, is that INS presumed that due to the baby being born in the USA - as was told by okpatu to the officers - the family rightly or wrongly, would then apply to stay stateside on the basis of the birth - even though this loophole has been closed now.

Regards - Mark.
And That