Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Need British Shop in NC!!!!!

Need British Shop in NC!!!!!

Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need British Shop in NC!!!!!

Originally Posted by footiemum
Hmmmm....let's see- the American teabags have absolultely no flavor whatsoever worth savoring; there is no American equivalent to HP Sauce or Daddie's sauce (unless you pour malt vinegar into some A1 sauce ), English Heinz baked beans are nothing like the American Heinz..how does that work, anyway? They aren't, though....English ones are so much tastier to my tastebuds. Chocolates...well, milky English chocolate has no equal on this side of the Atlantic and lastly, the most exotic flavor of American potato chips are "dill pickle"....can't touch prawn cocktail, smokey bacon or cheese and onion
Got to take footiemums side on this one!
Nothing beats prawn cocktail flavored skips, Hershey's is crappacinno in my eyes
and I don't mind paying extra for a bit of home comfort when the mood strikes

PG tips? Hey I have 400 Tescos own Tbags my mum brought to me last year and even the cheapie generic Uk ones are better than Lipton etc...

My hubby say the same tho he thinks i make words up half the time he calls it my "Bag English butter lovers speak"

He and his dad once got out a dictionary when I said "elasticated" which they argued was not the correct pronunciation.... that is was "elasticized"!!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:44 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

I had forgotten about the Prawn Cocktail arguement. Now if I could only find Prawn Cocktail flavor crisps (sorry potato chips) here, Mr Texas_Dave would be silenced. She loved them. We can get HP sauce here in Texas. Baked beans here - yuk! I gave up drinking the tea here, I'm a coffee convert. The tea is obviously not up to UK standards, they dumped all the good stuff in the harbor and have been drinking the dusty old remnants ever since.

Originally Posted by footiemum
Hmmmm....let's see- the American teabags have absolultely no flavor whatsoever worth savoring; there is no American equivalent to HP Sauce or Daddie's sauce (unless you pour malt vinegar into some A1 sauce ), English Heinz baked beans are nothing like the American Heinz..how does that work, anyway? They aren't, though....English ones are so much tastier to my tastebuds. Chocolates...well, milky English chocolate has no equal on this side of the Atlantic and lastly, the most exotic flavor of American potato chips are "dill pickle"....can't touch prawn cocktail, smokey bacon or cheese and onion
Old Jul 17th 2006, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
I had forgotten about the Prawn Cocktail arguement. Now if I could only find Prawn Cocktail flavor crisps (sorry potato chips) here, Mr Texas_Dave would be silenced. She loved them. We can get HP sauce here in Texas. Baked beans here - yuk! I gave up drinking the tea here, I'm a coffee convert. The tea is obviously not up to UK standards, they dumped all the good stuff in the harbor and have been drinking the dusty old remnants ever since.
Oh thats why the tea is so bad
Prawn cocktail snacks.........there is something so strangely unnatural about them but so delicious the Heinz beans are soooooooooooo sweet
so weird that the Heinz products are so different between the two countries
i know its the marketplace etc..... bit like finding "onion ring bahjees" in a London burger king...that was a classic
Old Jul 18th 2006, 9:21 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

I found prawn cocktail crisps here
http://www.ukgoods.com

plus all those great Walkers flavors:
Roast Chicken
Smoky Bacon
Monster Munch Pickled Onion!!!
Skips and Hula hoops too

mmmmmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by Tbag
Prawn cocktail snacks.........there is something so strangely unnatural about them but so delicious