need advise

Old Apr 26th 2002, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

qaviullahkhan is on a distinguished road
Default need advise

HI, I just wanted to know that what the criminal record is?
As if somebody got arrested and later charges dropped against him, I mean he is not convicted of a crime only had paid fine for violation, this all happen five years ago by a mistake, will it comes up in FBI finger print report as criminal record or not.
Please give me the answer of this question. I will appreciate your help.
Thanks
Qavi K
Old Apr 26th 2002, 9:20 pm
Richard

Default Re: need advise

"qaviullahkhan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > HI, I just wanted to know that what the criminal record is? As if somebody got
    > arrested and later charges dropped against him, I mean he is not convicted of
    > a crime only had paid fine for violation, this all happen five years ago by a
    > mistake, will it comes up in FBI finger print report as criminal record or
    > not. Please give me the answer of this question. I will appreciate your help.
    > Thanks Qavi K

Best way to be sure is to get in touch with the authorities in whichever place you're
going. Customs would be a good start.

Richard

Old Apr 26th 2002, 10:20 pm
Bill Pittman

In article <[email protected]>, qaviullahkhan
<[email protected]> wrote:

> HI, I just wanted to know that what the criminal record is? As if somebody got
    > Thanks Qavi K

If your name and other online ID are accurate, I don't think you should even TRY to
get into the US. If you're already here, I think someone should think about
deporting you.
--
Remove "incom" before e-mailing.

Old Apr 27th 2002, 6:50 am
Miguel Cruz

qaviullahkhan <[email protected]> wrote:
    > arrested and later charges dropped against him, I mean he is not convicted of a
    > crime only had paid fine for violation, this all happen five years ago by a
    > mistake, will it comes up in FBI finger print report as criminal record or not.

Unlikely it would be an issue, but the best thing is to contact the law enforcement
organization that made the arrest. They are best placed to determine how far records
may have traveled and what they would have contained.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos and tales from around the world: http://travel.u.nu

Old May 5th 2002, 7:50 pm
David Gibson

qaviullahkhan wrote:

> Thanks Qavi K
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Must be the cousin of the guy who last year wanted to know all the traffic laws for
all the States, and how to avoid being stopped by police.

Or maybe the brother of the guy who wanted to know how to smuggle $10,000 in cash
into the country to pay for "an operation" -- supposedly at an unnamed hospital?

--
(Go Fish!)

Keith Willshaw

"David Gibson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > qaviullahkhan wrote:
    >
    > > HI, I just wanted to know that what the criminal record is? As if somebody got
    > > arrested and later charges dropped against him, I mean he is not convicted of a
    > > crime only had paid fine for violation, this all happen five years ago by a
    > > mistake, will it comes up in FBI finger print report as criminal record or not.
    > > Please give me the answer of this question. I will appreciate your help. Thanks
    > > Qavi K
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    >
    > Must be the cousin of the guy who last year wanted to know all the traffic laws for
    > all the States, and how to avoid being stopped by police.
    >
    > Or maybe the brother of the guy who wanted to know how to smuggle $10,000
in
    > cash into the country to pay for "an operation" -- supposedly at an
unnamed
    > hospital?
    >

Its an odd story anyway

If there was no conviction and charges were dropped how could he have been fined ?

Keith

Kaleb Axon

> Thanks Qavi K

If you really are a law-abiding citizen who made a mistake several years ago that you
fear may affect your freedom to travel, you should consult an attorney in the country
where you are residing rather than trying to get this kind of information from a
newsgroup.

Kaleb

Kaleb Axon

> If there was no conviction and charges were dropped how could he have been fined ?

Maybe he meant that the felony charges were dropped but there was some related
misdemeanor or civil offense for which he had to pay a fine. Or maybe he has a fine
confused with court costs. In any event, he should be consulting an attorney rather
than a newsgroup.

Kaleb

Old May 5th 2002, 11:50 pm
Rita

On Sun, 05 May 2002 19:37:30 GMT, "Kaleb Axon" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> If there was no conviction and charges were dropped how could he have been fined ?
    >
    >Maybe he meant that the felony charges were dropped but there was some related
    >misdemeanor or civil offense for which he had to pay a fine. Or maybe he has a fine
    >confused with court costs. In any event, he should be consulting an attorney rather
    >than a newsgroup.
    >
I once was convicted of a misdemeanor for civil disobedience in a federal court in
D.C. I was fingerprinted and spent a night in jail. I understand that misdemeanor
stays on my record, as do the fingerprints, although I had been fingerprinted earlier
when I worked for a time for a bank. When our group pled guilty to the misdemeanor we
were informed that this would be the case.

This caused me no alarm and certainly has not kept me from traveling outside the U.S.
Those with other types of misdemeanors should check with an attorney, however.