Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Need advice in visiting new york ...

Wikiposts

Need advice in visiting new york ...

Old May 21st 2007, 11:19 am
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advice in visiting new york ...

Did he? I wonder what he did. It is close to Trump Tower, maybe he wanted it pretty for his tenants!!!
Old May 21st 2007, 11:23 am
British New Yorker

veronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond reputeveronica jayne has a reputation beyond repute

View of the snow from my window
Old May 21st 2007, 11:31 am
British New Yorker

Originally Posted by Mallory
These pics are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Mallory, sorry, did not see you there. I love New York at Christmas.
Old May 21st 2007, 11:39 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veronica jayne
Mallory, sorry, did not see you there. I love New York at Christmas.
that pic is especially nice. so "New York."
Old May 21st 2007, 12:34 pm
British New Yorker

Sorry, went off for din dins. Where are you Mallory?
Old May 21st 2007, 5:59 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

thank you everyone of kind advices ... and the nice photos. I will need to get back to you again (if you dont mind ) near the time to ask advice about places/area to stay.

have a nice day,
novi
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
thank you everyone of kind advices ... and the nice photos. I will need to get back to you again (if you dont mind ) near the time to ask advice about places/area to stay.

have a nice day,
novi
If I remember correctly there are recommendations of where and where not to stay in the links I posted.
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:44 am
British New Yorker

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If I remember correctly there are recommendations of where and where not to stay in the links I posted.

Did he ignore your links See if I let him in when he gets here then
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:21 am
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Ellis Island and The Statue of Liberty are in NJ not NY.
Maybe so.......but more associated with a visit to New York rather than Hoboken
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:17 am
British New Yorker

Originally Posted by southern comfort
Maybe so.......but more associated with a visit to New York rather than Hoboken

They are in New York Harbour I tell you, NEW YORK HARBOUR
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:18 am
British New Yorker

I am off to California first thing tomorrow for a little while
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:31 am
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by veronica jayne
They are in New York Harbour I tell you, NEW YORK HARBOUR
I know that been there lots of times the hoboken thing was being a smartarse lol
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:40 am
British New Yorker

Originally Posted by southern comfort
I know that been there lots of times the hoboken thing was being a smartarse lol

I know, I am just having fun

Old May 22nd 2007, 5:23 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah ... will hv a look on that ...

cheers
Old May 23rd 2007, 4:52 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Need advice in visiting new york ...

Originally Posted by novita77
yeah ... will hv a look on that ...

cheers
Are you coming to NY with your spouse or with your family (and perhaps even your maid)?

A really good place to stay if you would like extra space and certainly if you have children with you and want to avoid paying for two hotel rooms or having to tightly squeeze in a roll-away bed - I must warn you that most NYC hotels have small rooms - is the Embassy Suites Hotel in lower Manhatten (short walk to Ground Zero, Battery Park for ferries to the Statue of Liberty, Wall St financial district, Chinatown etc). You also get a cooked-to-order breakfast & buffet included in the price (most US hotel charges include 'room only') and free manager's cocktail reception in the early evening. My sister's friend loved it there and it's part of the Hilton Hotel chain which is good if you collect HHonors points:

http://www.embassysuites.com

Also part of the Hilton group is DoubleTree Suites. They have a DTS in Times Square:

http://www.doubletree.com/en/dt/hote...tyhocn=LGASFDT

There are also suites at Radio City at the Rockefeller Center; basic but inexpensive - I have no personal experience but I do know that some airline cabin crews (SAS, KLM) stay there (presumably at travel industry discounted rates) when they're here in NY on leisure trips.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-3536...y_apartments-i

Last edited by Englishmum; May 23rd 2007 at 5:04 am.