Reload this Page >

Need advice,holiday home home in San Diego

Need advice,holiday home home in San Diego

Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Roscoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice,holiday home home in San Diego

Hi,

having spent many hoildays in San Diego,my wife and i have been thinking about buying a condo for when we retire.
We do know the area quite well,but really need to know more about the areas.
We have a budget of £150,000,not really sure what that will get us,so if you can help with Estate agents,letting agents,where to buy a car,shopping etc etc.

Thanks in advance

Lee& Nikki
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:03 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advice,holiday home home in San Diego

I'll house sit for a very low price when you're not there.........
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Deal :-)
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Hi,

having spent many hoildays in San Diego,my wife and i have been thinking about buying a condo for when we retire.
We have a budget of £150,000,not really sure what that will get us,so if you can help with Estate agents,letting agents,where to buy a car,shopping etc etc.

Thanks in advance

Lee& Nikki
Are you missing a zero on your budget? I was under the impression that decent properties in San Diego were much more than $300,000.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

So you think that wont be enough then?
What would you suggest and where?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:29 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest searching on Google and getting an idea of prices, locations, etc.

allsandiegocondos.com
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for that last post,very helpfull

Lee
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

julii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nice

www.realtor.com has probably the most complete property listings for all states. In San Diego there are currently 2,000 2 bed, 2 bath condos on the market, the median price being around $440,000.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Lee& Nikki
hmmmm my son lives there and i'm afraid you wont get much for £150,000 and most certainly not in a safe part of town.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks,

ok can anyone tell me the best and safe area? and the aveage cost of a 2 bedroom apartment?

Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

goldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to behold

Do you want to be near the ocean or inland?

$300k isn't going to go far in Del Mar, La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach, or Coronado, for example. Though you could make a mint next year when the PGA tour comes to Del Mar and people need a condo to rent for the couple weeks!

Where have you enjoyed? Downtown (Gaslamp, Horton Plaza, etc)? Seaport Village? Ocean spots (but see above)? Anza Borrego desert?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,

ok can anyone tell me the best and safe area? and the aveage cost of a 2 bedroom apartment?

Thanks
http://www.sandiego.gov/
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi Goldcrown,

i do know that many areas will be out of our reach, we love Coronado,La Jolla,
but have also been to Carlsbad,Cardiff by the sea.Seaport Village is very nice too. Have been all around really,mainly staying on Shelter Island each time we visit.We have not been to SD since 2002,but 1st visted in 1989,my wife 1st trip was in 1984. Just really looking to see what we could get for our money,but may have to spend more. Thnaks again

Lee
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:04 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.sandiego-mls.com/real-estate-guide/index.asp
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Buying a home and car? You do realize that you only will be able to spend up to 90 days (on Visa Waiver) there before leaving again. General rule of thumb is to spend at least as much time outside the US as inside to avoid problems at the border. What will become of your home and car when you are absent?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.