Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Need advice...

Need advice...

Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advice...

[QUOTE=Pigtails]
Originally Posted by Cappucino
Basically it's come to a point where my wife has said she is leaving with or without me.
QUOTE]

Dump the bitch.
I hope you don't work in PR...
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:12 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I think she's looking for excuses to leave you.
This ultimatum sounds like her escape route and that way in her head when she leaves you for the USA she can feel less guilty about dumping you.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Celsius]
Originally Posted by Pigtails

She is a Republican advisor....
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:17 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Ray]
Originally Posted by Celsius
'bout time they got someone with some common sense advising them.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:24 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
This ultimatum sounds like her escape route and that way in her head when she leaves you for the USA she can feel less guilty about dumping you.
That's how I read the situation too.

I would tell her to go back to NYC and get a job that will comfortably support both of you. Then you will consider moving.

In other words, call her bluff...
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:27 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=ironporer]
Originally Posted by Ray

'bout time they got someone with some common sense advising them.

Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:29 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

I have to completely agree. She's looking for a way out. Let her go. You'll be glad you did in the long run, especially when you find the woman that loves you the way you deserve to be loved!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Ray]
An intern, no doubt.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:40 pm

[QUOTE=Celsius]

Piss Rags? No I dress in clean, professional work clothes every day thank you very much.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:40 pm

[QUOTE=Celsius]
Originally Posted by Ray

An intern, no doubt.

Well, I do have all the qualifications and "talents" to be an intern.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Pigtails]

Well, I do have all the qualifications and "talents" to be an intern.
You can type?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:50 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I have to completely agree. She's looking for a way out. Let her go. You'll be glad you did in the long run, especially when you find the woman that loves you the way you deserve to be loved!

Look at that...thats beautiful....a lefty and a righty coming together and agreeing over a simple human cause ~sniff~ brings tears to my eyes...lets hold hands across America like they did in the 90's.....Kum-By-Ah My Lord Kum-By-Ah
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:54 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=anotherlimey]

You can type?

a few years back they updated it to require having a good drycleaner......
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:57 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Look at that...thats beautiful....a lefty and a righty coming together and agreeing over a simple human cause ~sniff~ brings tears to my eyes...lets hold hands across America like they did in the 90's.....Kum-By-Ah My Lord Kum-By-Ah

and buy the world a Coke?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Being realistic if you move here and she goes to college who is going to support you both and pay tuition fees. Not wishing to be rude but she does sound a little spoilt to me and thinks by clicking her Manolo's she can get her own way. Maybe you have been spoiling her a little like a child instead of making her grow up and accept responsibility as an adult. To sell up and move here is a really big step, and puts enormous pressure on a relationship. If yours if fragile all ready I wonder if it could cope. If you were to consider moving here you would both have to put some serious research into it and work out everything first. Its really not as easy as booking a flight.

I think you both need to sit down and be very honest with each other. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.