British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Nebraska blues... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/nebraska-blues-456667/)

NorthYorkshirelass Jun 7th 2007 10:26 pm

Nebraska blues...

Have any of you been to Nebraska? It is all flat and nothing beautiful or old....the same strip mall, drive thru and houses are repeated every 20 minutes...In the UK we lived in Surrey, all green and next to the Thames. What is your state like and what does it look like?

ironporer Jun 7th 2007 11:37 pm

Re: Nebraska blues...

Originally Posted by NorthYorkshirelass (Post 4887358)
Have any of you been to Nebraska? It is all flat and nothing beautiful or old....the same strip mall, drive thru and houses are repeated every 20 minutes...In the UK we lived in Surrey, all green and next to the Thames. What is your state like and what does it look like?

Nebraska can indeed be a bit flat, dreary and lonely, but surely it has a good point or two...errr...I hope? I mean, it can't be as bad as Alabamastan, right?

Wishing you the best:blink:

walla Jun 7th 2007 11:38 pm

Just a big desert with green bits along the coast line, damned big thou mind you.

Jerseygirl Jun 7th 2007 11:56 pm

I'm going to move this thread over to the USA forum.

Adnams Jun 8th 2007 12:01 am

I'm in Connecticut part of the original Blighty bit. Its all green and lush here with small villages and towns with traditional village greens and clapboard houses. Its kind of a wee bit like England and it also a kind of a bit like Stepford.....

walla Jun 8th 2007 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4887586)
I'm going to move this thread over to the USA forum.

Why, I live in a state too:D

Leslie Jun 8th 2007 12:04 am

Originally Posted by walla (Post 4887610)
Why, I live in a state too:D

A state of confusion. :lol:

walla Jun 8th 2007 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Leslie66 (Post 4887623)
A state of confusion. :lol:

A state of drunkenness :wine:

Leslie Jun 8th 2007 12:07 am

Originally Posted by walla (Post 4887632)

Do you realize you're in America now, Walla? :hijacking:

walla Jun 8th 2007 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Leslie66 (Post 4887638)

I do, JG is discriminating against me even thou I live in a state :D

Jerseygirl Jun 8th 2007 12:08 am

Originally Posted by walla (Post 4887632)

LOL you beat me to it like. :D

walla Jun 8th 2007 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Leslie66 (Post 4887638)

Probably why I'm hungry for an oversized hamburger :andlargefries:

walla Jun 8th 2007 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4887645)
LOL you beat me to it like. :D

Can you put this back in the lounge please; I haven't got a green card:)

Manc Jun 8th 2007 12:45 am

I've been to Nebraska.......it's f**king empty. 500 miles wide and three cities? Omaha, Lincoln and North Platte.
jesus......

I live in Michigan. it's full of unemployed people and looks like an oven glove.

Jerseygirl Jun 8th 2007 1:36 am

I live in New Jersey...the Garden State. There are lots of trees, lakes, hills, malls and bad drivers. :D NJ has a bad rap because of Newark, Jersey City and Trenton. We are close to NYC and only a few hours away from Boston, Philly and DC. We are straight across the pond from Blighty and it's only about a 6 1/2 hrs flight away. :thumbsup: