British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Near Houston (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/near-houston-229871/)

Roselene May 11th 2004 12:47 am

Near Houston

Hi fellows!
My name is Roselene, and I would be interested on talking to other immigrants to the USA, mainly someone in the Houston area. I would love to share experiences and make new friends.
Thank you so much,
Roselene

veryfunny May 11th 2004 8:10 am

Re: Near Houston

Originally posted by Roselene
Hi fellows!
My name is Roselene, and I would be interested on talking to other immigrants to the USA, mainly someone in the Houston area. I would love to share experiences and make new friends.
Thank you so much,
Roselene
How can I help you?
I live in Houston.

Peter May 11th 2004 12:15 pm

Re: Near Houston

Originally posted by Roselene
Hi fellows!
Thank you so much,
Roselene
Will you take Dallas? :cool:

sas May 13th 2004 3:47 am

I live in Houston, been here for about 18 months :)

veryfunny May 13th 2004 6:47 am

Originally posted by sas
I live in Houston, been here for about 18 months :)
So what do you think of Houston?

kazzyuk May 13th 2004 2:03 pm

Hi
Been living here in Houston 17 months ...Plan to move to Florida end of May/June....Moved here from a Town called Grimsby..N E Lincolnshire..Yes the fishing town lol...husband and I married in the U.K september 2001 came over here December 2002..We live in the medical district not far from the reliant stadium..well within walking distance...My interview for adjustment of status is May 20th next thursday ..nervous ...fingers crossed all goes well...Houston is okay ..but ..I prefer Florida .. :)

veryfunny May 13th 2004 3:53 pm

Originally posted by kazzyuk
Hi
Been living here in Houston 17 months ...Plan to move to Florida end of May/June....Moved here from a Town called Grimsby..N E Lincolnshire..Yes the fishing town lol...husband and I married in the U.K september 2001 came over here December 2002..We live in the medical district not far from the reliant stadium..well within walking distance...My interview for adjustment of status is May 20th next thursday ..nervous ...fingers crossed all goes well...Houston is okay ..but ..I prefer Florida .. :)
I have been here for about 4 mths and would like to leave. Live near the airport.
Keep your nerves you will be okay for the interview.

Ray May 13th 2004 4:52 pm

...Houston is okay ..but ..I prefer Florida .. :)
What do you find is different/ better..?

kazzyuk May 13th 2004 5:41 pm

Hi
I find Florida a more friendlier State..If you have been to Texas you will know why ... I can't wait to move :)

Yosser May 13th 2004 5:44 pm

Originally posted by veryfunny
I have been here for about 4 mths and would like to leave. Live near the airport.
Keep your nerves you will be okay for the interview.

why you wanna leave already? is it Houston you don't like or the whole thing in general?

kazzyuk May 13th 2004 5:56 pm

Been here for 17 months ...its Houston ..ok for visiting but thats it..Husband is a Texan and he is ready for the move too ...

veryfunny May 13th 2004 6:06 pm

Originally posted by Yosser
why you wanna leave already? is it Houston you don't like or the whole thing in general?
Texas is not for me it just not as awake like London or California, I feel it has more to do with my personality.

I would classify myself as a free thinker rather than a collective thought thinker.
My wife is an Texan and she feels the way I do there just seems to be a restictive way of thinking or doing things here. Also in Houston there are a lot of careless drivers, downtown Houston is dead after 7pm :zzz:

kazzyuk May 13th 2004 6:10 pm

thats how I feel ...Houston isnt for me ...which airport do you live near Bush or Hobby ...my husband used to live in Humble

veryfunny May 13th 2004 6:12 pm

thats how I feel ...Houston isnt for me ...which airport do you live near Bush or Hobby ...my husband used to live in Humble
My wife loves Humble, so fresh and so clean. lol at least there have been no murders there so far.

Not far form the Former president's Airport.

Yosser May 13th 2004 10:16 pm

I haven't got as far as Houston yet, but to be honest I really don't hear too many great things about the place? all I hear its humid, and the roads are full with nutters! I'm guessing if your from the london area, Houston would not be your kind of city, me being a from a sleepy seaside town found Dallas to be a complete cultre shock, but I think I have adjusted pretty well and I feel completley at ease with my surroundings.

Veryfunny - have you ever been to Dallas or Austin etc? could that be a change of pace for you?