Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NBC Notice Problems

NBC Notice Problems

Old Nov 16th 2011, 1:26 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default NBC Notice Problems

As a matter of information, from the end of July to October 7, 2011, there was a "programming error" in which the lockbox was not capturing information from the "G-28" form by which attorneys enter their appearance in regards to a case. This resulted in numerous instances of failure to send required notices to attorneys. Since this happened a lot, attorneys who had this happen more than once informed AILA liaison who, in turn, discussed the issue with DHS.

For those of you who have attorneys, do not assume that your attorney received the same notice you did. It may pay to forward any notice you receive to your attorney. [When I was in practice, I made this recommendation in any case. Every so often I would receive a notice which had a second notice addressed to someone else in the envelope -- meaning that someone else did not receive notice.]

I know that this does not seem to relate to those on this board who do "DIY." But I wonder what other glitches may be in the system.