Reload this Page >

Naturalization question

Naturalization question

Old Jul 27th 2002, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Jack P. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Naturalization question

Hello all,

I am about to file my N-400 form, but before I do that, I want to be sure that the information I provide in it is accurate and correct. I am especially concerned about my old trips outside the states - since becoming LPR (5 years ago) I travelled to another countires (South America and Europe) mostly on business purposes quite often for a few days (every one or two months). So on average, I took 10 trips a year, and the math is simple: 10 times 5 years equals 50 trips since becoming LPR. The problem is that I am not able to keep track of the earlier trips accurately - one of my previous passports was lost plus it's kind of difficult for me to remember details about the trips I took four or five years ago.

So I am just wondering, if there is any way for me to obtain these information? I would rather like to avoid taking the risk and submitting incorrect information. I may give the approximate dates, but I don't think it's a good idea, when INS is much more stricter than before 9/11.

So far, I think I can be done in two ways:

1) contacting all airlines I travelled with 4-5 years ago and requesting such information (the hard way - some does not exist anymore (Swissair), plus I am not sure if they still have such info in their computers, especially for my earlier trips)

2) contacting INS and requesting such information under Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act (G-693 form). I assume they keep track of all my trips, don't they? Everytime I cross the border they scan my green card so I am quite sure they have it. Somebody in this newsgroup also mentioned that each airline forwards to INS arrival and departure data for all passengers flying to/from US.
So the question is how can I access it?

Any hints, ideas or experiences?

Thanks,
Jack P.
Old Jul 29th 2002, 4:20 am
Chong

Default Re: Naturalization question

I dont know if INS is going to go into that much detail.

I just fill to the best of my knowledge.

Also, last year I got a new passport from my country.

So when I go to my N400 interview in Oct, do I bring all my passport? including the
cancel ones?

On 28 Jul 2002 00:20:05 GMT, Jack P. <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello all,
    >
    >I am about to file my N-400 form, but before I do that, I want to be sure that the
    >information I provide in it is accurate and correct. I am especially concerned about
    >my old trips outside the states - since becoming LPR (5 years ago) I travelled to
    >another countires (South America and Europe) mostly on business purposes quite often
    >for a few days (every one or two months). So on average, I took 10 trips a year, and
    >the math is simple: 10 times 5 years equals 50 trips since becoming LPR. The problem
    >is that I am not able to keep track of the earlier trips accurately - one of my
    >previous passports was lost plus it's kind of difficult for me to remember details
    >about the trips I took four or five years ago.
    >
    >So I am just wondering, if there is any way for me to obtain these information? I
    >would rather like to avoid taking the risk and submitting incorrect information. I
    >may give the approximate dates, but I don't think it's a good idea, when INS is much
    >more stricter than before 9/11.
    >
    >So far, I think I can be done in two ways:
    >
    >1) contacting all airlines I travelled with 4-5 years ago and requesting such
    > information (the hard way - some does not exist anymore (Swissair), plus I am not
    > sure if they still have such info in their computers, especially for my earlier
    > trips)
    >
    >2) contacting INS and requesting such information under Freedom of Information
    > Act/Privacy Act (G-693 form). I assume they keep track of all my trips, don't
    > they? Everytime I cross the border they scan my green card so I am quite sure
    > they have it. Somebody in this newsgroup also mentioned that each airline
    > forwards to INS arrival and departure data for all passengers flying to/from US.
    > So the question is how can I access it?
    >
    >Any hints, ideas or experiences?
    >
    >Thanks, Jack P.