Reload this Page >

National Insurance Contributions

Wikiposts

National Insurance Contributions

Old Nov 9th 2005, 4:38 pm

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: National Insurance Contributions

Originally Posted by Big D
Any that my wife pays in the US she is entitled to be refunded when she goes home!
Our you saying that you think your wife will have her Social Security taxes she paid while working in the U.S. refunded if she leaves the U.S.?

Social Security and Medicare Taxes:

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p519/ch08.html#d0e9582
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: National Insurance Contributions

Originally Posted by mdyoung
Our you saying that you think your wife will have her Social Security taxes she paid while working in the U.S. refunded if she leaves the U.S.?

Social Security and Medicare Taxes:

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p519/ch08.html#d0e9582

To be honest I have not looked into this yet as the amounts are not material anyway - but i have been told that social security payments can be refunded - what the requirements/eligibility eyc are i do not know. This could be incorrect i will admit! Or it could be part of the reciprocal agreement....