British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   National Breastfeeding Week (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/national-breastfeeding-week-727179/)

tamms_1965 Aug 2nd 2011 3:08 pm

National Breastfeeding Week
 
Activities will be going on all week folks!

http://lllusa.org/wbw/BigLatchOn.php

A local event is going on right now in my neck (or should I say cleavage) of the woods :)

The title should be Worldwide Breastfeeding Week.

Scouse Express Aug 2nd 2011 4:29 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 
1 Attachment(s)
Followed by "National Blue Tit Week."


Jim

Sally Redux Aug 2nd 2011 5:01 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 
Excellent :thumbup:

nethead Aug 2nd 2011 6:18 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 
Yup this is our local 'big latch on' location.

http://www.ombabycenter.com/BigLatchOn.html

Keep up the good work ladies :)

another bloody yank Aug 2nd 2011 7:20 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 
Words cannot adequately describe my complete and utter ( :sneaky: ) joy.

Mummy in the foothills Aug 2nd 2011 7:23 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 

Originally Posted by Scouse Express (Post 9533361)
Followed by "National Blue Tit Week."


Jim


Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 9533602)
Words cannot adequately describe my complete and utter ( :sneaky: ) joy.

Grow up you big idiots. You were obviously not breastfed long enough or at all as a baby.

National breastfeeding week is a big deal, it get the word out to a lot of Moms that they can get free help and assistance with any breastfeeding problems.
I used to participate in the walks and projects that our Local La Leche League had going on. I even used to be a local leader.

Rete Aug 2nd 2011 7:35 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 
My oldest daughter has breastfeed all three of her children until the age of 18 months. Until today, I've never heard of National Breastfeeding Week nor has she. Why does it need a national campaign week? Isn't this something between doctor and patient? or Pedi and patient?

N1cky Aug 2nd 2011 7:58 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 
When you are pregnant breastfeeding is rammed down your throat, but no-one ever talks about the fact that some babies just won't breastfeed. This leaves some Mums feeling totally inadequate and dreading feeding times which can lead to depression.

I agree breastfeeding has huge benefits for babies and Mums, but some information needs to be included for when it's just not possible.

Sally Redux Aug 2nd 2011 8:31 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 9533625)
My oldest daughter has breastfeed all three of her children until the age of 18 months. Until today, I've never heard of National Breastfeeding Week nor has she. Why does it need a national campaign week? Isn't this something between doctor and patient? or Pedi and patient?

I think it's not a bad idea to let people see it's a normal thing and not hidden or shameful.

Sally Redux Aug 2nd 2011 8:32 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 9533652)
When you are pregnant breastfeeding is rammed down your throat, but no-one ever talks about the fact that some babies just won't breastfeed. This leaves some Mums feeling totally inadequate and dreading feeding times which can lead to depression.

I agree breastfeeding has huge benefits for babies and Mums, but some information needs to be included for when it's just not possible.

La Leche League and NCT do help women who want to breastfeed but may be having difficulties.

Anian Aug 2nd 2011 8:38 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 
My wife had terrible trouble until she joined a breastfeeding club, then it was much better for her. Plus she managed to make lots of friends who could help with all kinds of other baby-related issues and cheered her up no end.

Mummy in the foothills Aug 2nd 2011 9:59 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 

Originally Posted by Anian (Post 9533704)
My wife had terrible trouble until she joined a breastfeeding club, then it was much better for her. Plus she managed to make lots of friends who could help with all kinds of other baby-related issues and cheered her up no end.

Thats how it started for me too, she's being drawn to the dark side, she'll be a leader in no time LOL. I still have friends I made from those meetings 22 years ago.

tamms_1965 Aug 2nd 2011 10:44 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9533831)
Thats how it started for me too, she's being drawn to the dark side, she'll be a leader in no time LOL. I still have friends I made from those meetings 22 years ago.

I wish I had a group close to me in the 80s when I had my kids. However, I managed on my own with the help of a great doctor and my mother-in-law. My family were shocked that I would do something so "animalistic." After educating them (esp. my dad) and continually talking about how healthy my kids were compared to my friends' and in-laws they came around.

another bloody yank Aug 2nd 2011 11:24 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 9533607)
Grow up you big idiots.

:lol:

Yes, Mummy.

What's your view on this?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/brea...-soon-13254728

tamms_1965 Aug 2nd 2011 11:39 pm

Re: National Breastfeeding Week
 

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 9533938)
:lol:

Yes, Mummy.

What's your view on this?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/brea...-soon-13254728

I think it's a touch too much. However, my daughter played "breastfeeding her baby" when she was little.....she didn't need an $89 doll though. Her water baby was just fine.


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:14 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.