Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Nassau Hotels

Nassau Hotels

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nassau Hotels

My OH has to renew the stamp for his H1b and I have suggested we take a 3/4 day trip to Nassau to do this when I visit Charlotte next month on business for 4 weeks. I could really do with a few days in the sun after a cold and miserable winter in London and to keep me sane whilst we finally get my L1 sorted out.
I found a few posts regarding the ease at doing this re embassy but wondered if anyone had any recommendations for hotels? I stayed at Atlantis 4 years ago, not really my type of hotel; too big, commercial and ostentatious. I'd love to go out to one of the islands but the stamp is priority so we should just make the plans for Nassau just incase it takes longer than the one day processing.
Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by Orangepants; Mar 22nd 2009 at 10:42 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

bruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Nassau Hotels

Originally Posted by Orangepants View Post
My OH has to renew the stamp for his H1b and I have suggested we take a 3/4 day trip to Nassau to do this when I visit Charlotte next month on business for 4 weeks. I could really do with a few days in the sun after a cold and miserable winter in London and to keep me sane whilst we get finally my L1 sorted out.
I found a few posts regarding the ease at doing this re embassy but wondered if anyone had any recommendations for hotels? I stayed at Atlantis 4 years ago, not really my type of hotel; too big, commercial and ostentatious. I'd love to go out to one of the islands but the stamp is priority so we should just make the plans for Nassau just incase it takes longer than the one day processing.
Any ideas? Thanks
Orange hill Inn 242 327 7157. Not 4 star but OK
reasonable rates. Watch out for Spring Break.
Google for website
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 6:39 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruceba View Post
Orange hill Inn 242 327 7157. Not 4 star but OK
reasonable rates. Watch out for Spring Break.
Google for website
Definitely do not go to Nassau during Spring Break!

Long time since I lived there, so no clues re: hotels. However, if they have the same process as when I got my visa there, be prepared to spend all day in the Embassy.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

We're thinking of going April 21- 24. Is that within the spring break period? Fortunately it's not me that has to do the visa thing so I can hang out on the beach whilst he goes to the embassy.
When/if I finally get my L1 I'm going to Brussels.

Thanks for the recommendation on Orange Hill ...will check it out.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

We stayed at the Radisson Cable Beach & Golf Resort. Loved it.

It's right on the beach. They provide sun beds, towels, etc, etc. Best part is, if you get the all inclusive package (which we did) it incs all meals and DRINKS. They have a bar and grill on the beach.

So we just sat all day drinking our self silly on beach. They have all sorts of places that offer similar deals but we found the Radisson to be the cheapest at the time.

We went for our honeymoon. When my parents came to visit me in Texas, they also went for a few days. Loved it.

Feel free to PM me for more details.