British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   N-400 Success!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/n-400-success-75671/)

M1nn0w Apr 25th 2002 3:10 pm

N-400 Success!!!!

Well folks, It's Done!!!! Talk about Anti-Climatic!!!

Arrived at Albany INS 0800 for an 0830 appointment. Deb was called into an interview
room at 0805 She said the woman looked through the paperwork that she brought with
her and asked her some simple questions. ie: on one of the Tax forms I had my
Daughter listed as a dependant. So she asked Deb about our Daughter Justine. She
asked my previous wifes name and her previous Husbands name as she went through the
Divorce paperwork. She then gave Deb a sentence to say in English. It was something
silly like My car is broken. Deb then had to write 3 sentences as dictated to her.
Finally the woman punched up the computer and asked her 10 questions at Random
regarding The United States history and Government which she aced. The woman then
gave her a piece of paper, told her she passed and that her swearing in Ceremony will
be May 31st in Albany. She came out and the guards (whom we had already gotten to
know fairly well) asked her how she did. She told them she passed and they gave her a
thumbs up. She then started walking towards me and then jumped in the air and clicked
her heels together. Everyone in the room smiled :) We were out the door at 0830.

Thank you all for all your well wishes. It has always been appreciated. Good Luck to
those of you still in the process. I will still be lurking here to see how everyone
makes out!!

Deb and John Can/AM '98

Rete Apr 25th 2002 3:41 pm

Re: N-400 Success!!!!

Congratulations.

Rita

Ranjini Apr 25th 2002 10:40 pm

Wonderful!! Our congratulations!!! Ranjini

"M1nn0w" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Well folks, It's Done!!!! Talk about Anti-Climatic!!!
    >
    > Arrived at Albany INS 0800 for an 0830 appointment. Deb was called into an
    > interview room at 0805 She said the woman looked through the paperwork that she
    > brought with her and asked her some simple questions. ie: on one of the Tax forms I
    > had my Daughter listed as a dependant. So she asked Deb about our Daughter Justine.
    > She asked my previous wifes name and her previous Husbands name as she went through
    > the Divorce paperwork. She then gave Deb a sentence to say in English. It was
    > something silly like My car is broken. Deb then had to write 3 sentences as
    > dictated to
her.
    > Finally the woman punched up the computer and asked her 10 questions at Random
    > regarding The United States history and Government which she aced. The woman then
    > gave her a piece of paper, told her she passed and that her swearing in Ceremony
    > will be May 31st in Albany. She came out and the guards (whom we had already gotten
    > to know fairly
well)
    > asked her how she did. She told them she passed and they gave her a thumbs up. She
    > then started walking towards me and then jumped in the air and clicked her heels
    > together. Everyone in the room smiled :) We were out the door at 0830.
    >
    > Thank you all for all your well wishes. It has always been appreciated.
Good
    > Luck to those of you still in the process. I will still be lurking here to see
how
    > everyone makes out!!
    >
    > Deb and John Can/AM '98

Ed Chernenkoff Apr 26th 2002 1:40 am

VERY, VERY well done !!!!!

Ed "Ranjini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:tW_x8.5712$ao1.6614@rwcrnsc54...
    > Wonderful!! Our congratulations!!! Ranjini
    >
    > "M1nn0w" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Well folks, It's Done!!!! Talk about Anti-Climatic!!!
    > >
    > > Arrived at Albany INS 0800 for an 0830 appointment. Deb was called into an
    > > interview room at 0805 She said the woman looked through the paperwork that she
    > > brought with her and asked her some simple questions. ie: on one of the Tax forms
    > > I had my Daughter listed as a dependant. So she asked Deb about our Daughter
    > > Justine. She asked my previous wifes name and her previous Husbands name as she
    > > went through the Divorce paperwork. She then gave Deb a sentence to say in
    > > English. It was something silly like My car is broken. Deb then had to write 3
    > > sentences as dictated to
    > her.
    > > Finally the woman punched up the computer and asked her 10 questions at Random
    > > regarding The United States history and Government which she
aced.
    > > The woman then gave her a piece of paper, told her she passed and that
her
    > > swearing in Ceremony will be May 31st in Albany. She came out and the guards
    > > (whom we had already gotten to know fairly
    > well)
    > > asked her how she did. She told them she passed and they gave her a
thumbs
    > > up. She then started walking towards me and then jumped in the air and
clicked
    > > her heels together. Everyone in the room smiled :) We were out the door at 0830.
    > >
    > > Thank you all for all your well wishes. It has always been appreciated.
    > Good
    > > Luck to those of you still in the process. I will still be lurking here to see
    > how
    > > everyone makes out!!
    > >
    > > Deb and John Can/AM '98
    > >
    >

Alecia Johnson Apr 26th 2002 2:10 am

I do apologize. I am a little confused. I am about to file my N 400 in september of
this year. Do you have to file the application jointly with your spouse? Does your
spouse have to attend the citzenship interview? Can you file the N 400 if you are
separated?

Ranjini Apr 26th 2002 2:40 am

Alecia, you are very much on your own for the citizenship application. Your husband
does not have to attend the interview. As for your last question, you have to have
completed three years of marriage to your spouse to apply for citizenship based on
that marriage. You have to also prove the validity of that marriage, much like for
I-751 but to a lesser degree. If you are divorced you have to wait for 5 years. As
for separation, this might lead to questions about the validity of the marriage, if
they find out. Perhaps someone with experience with that, can advise you better than
I can. Hope this helps, Ranjini

"Alecia Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I do apologize. I am a little confused. I am about to file my N 400 in september of
    > this year. Do you have to file the application jointly with your spouse? Does your
    > spouse have to attend the citzenship interview? Can you file the N 400 if you are
    > separated?

Onigiri Apr 28th 2002 3:10 am

"Ranjini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:tW_x8.5712$ao1.6614@rwcrnsc54...
    > Wonderful!! Our congratulations!!! Ranjini
Yes; it is an exam that is hard to flunk.....until they ask you to sing the
national anthem and you begin with "No sé ...can YOU see ?....etc.." or "José, can
you see? etc..."